Past Carnival Fan does Disney

andismom

My husband and I took our 5 year old on the Disney Wonder for her 5th birthday. We did the 3 days at Disney World and 4 nights on the Wonder. Just wanted to let you all know what I thought. First we loved the Valor last year - so that is what I am comparing the Wonder to.

My daughter loved the Characters - and they were everywhere. The rooms are big - we had Cat 9 of 12 and had a split bath and couch. I liked the dining - we moved to 3 different restaurants, the waitstaff moves with you. Pop is free 24 hours by the pool and they have the icecream machines.

Things I didn't like - the pools were so full of kids my kid didn't enjoy them. There is a adults only pool - but there is no way I would cruise Disney with no kids! The food was only ok. The pizza by the pool wasn't near as good as Carnival.

Now - you would think the kids club would be the best - well I felt my kid was just another kid in a sea of kids. On Carnival I know which employees where there for my kids age group and they all knew her name. She spent more time in the kids club on Carnival - which was more relaxing for me. I felt like there was so much family stuff to do on Disney that she was afraid she would miss something. I also missed just hanging around the pool doing nothing.

Anyway, I am glad I tried Disney but next time it will be Carnival for more days and less money. My daughter loves to cruise, sure she likes Mickey Mouse, but she likes Funship Freddy too!

The Wonder was my first cruise.Two Kids celebrating their 40th anniversary.Had a blast-spent 12 days on the Disney at the Animal Kingdom Lodge after the cruise.:)

On the ship I did not see alot of kids(during Christmas week)on board.Adults have their own everything.:rolleyes: Food was good and enjoyed the different dining room themes.:D

Because it was my first cruise-I couldn't compare it to another cruise.:confused:

Have since gone on 5 other cruises and have booked a 6th-all on carnival.:eek:

Our family has been on 3 Disney Magis cruises, 1 RCCL and just got off the Glory last week. The kids liked the charecters on Disney, but hated the clubs. Too many kids in them and we went in January when the number of kids on the ships was low. We are planning our next cruise and when we asked the girls which cruise line do you want to go on. There response is Carnival 1st and RCCL 2nd. They have no desire to try Disney again. As far as me and the wife go, we both liked Disney, but had a much better time and had a more relaxing vacation on either Carnival or RCCL. Our kids are 6 and 8.

We've done the land/sea thing twice. Glad we did it, but felt once you did, that was it. And when we did it the second time, that's exactly how we felt.

But we haven't used the camps on any line. She vacations right with us, and meets plenty of friends on her own.

Food on Disney was sub par. The highlight is Castaway Cay and Disney Dreams.

And they do have nice staterooms. I LOVE the double bathrooms!

Archived