Newbie Introduction

charlene2021

Just thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Charlene, will be 25 later this month. I live in North Carolina with my husband Steven (25) and son Jake (18months).

I have been on 2 previous cruises, both on Royal Caribbean. The first cruise was a Southern Caribbean cruise with my mom at 18. My second cruise was my honeymoon in 2005 (this was my husband's first cruise), Western Caribbean. My first cruise was the better one, especially the port of calls.

My husband and I are now seriously thinking of an Alaska cruise sometime next year (I am thinking May time) without our son. We both really enjoy Royal Caribbean but have decided to try NCL this time. We are drawn to this line for the freestyle cruising.

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Welcome to the boards. I'm sure you'll find all you need to know and more for planning your trip. Personally, I'm a 'Freestyle' junkie. It seems to be either a love or hate relationship but not having 'appointments' for dinner is a preference for me. I'm sure you'll have a great time and I wanted to suggest going to the Ports of Call boards (you can get to them from the main page) and planning for all there is to see and do in the ports you'll be visiting. Welcome!:)

We did the Alaska cruise out of Vancouver on NCL Wind in May 06. We couldn't get in to see a Glacier because of too many ice floes that early in the season, but it was still a great trip! It is a nice time to go if you aren't taking children, there aren't many on board because of school, so it can be a quieter time. If you do go and your ship goes to Skagway be sure to take the White Pass railroad trip it is outstanding.:) Have a great time.

to learn more and help you decide on which NCL ship..go to the alaska boards on the port-of calls. i did the NCL star and loved it. freestyle was great for alaska. in juneau, we would have missed an early dinner and (for the whole cruise) been starving by the late seating.

one thing, if you are thinking of may..i suggest the pearl. it does glacier bay..the others do tracy arms/sawyer glaciers. since i have been on the alaska boards, early in the seaons they have trouble getting close or even viewing the glaciers. last year it was after june 1st before the 1st cruise ship got close to either of the sawyer glaciers. glacier bay rarely have any problems.

I too love Freestyle and always look at NCL as my first choice. Please keep in mind that May might still be a little chilly. I'm taking my family of 7 to Alaska in August on the Sun.

I agree with the othe posters for you to visit the Alaska board.

Welcome and happy sailing!

Winnie

Just thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Charlene, will be 25 later this month. I live in North Carolina with my husband Steven (25) and son Jake (18months).

I have been on 2 previous cruises, both on Royal Caribbean. The first cruise was a Southern Caribbean cruise with my mom at 18. My second cruise was my honeymoon in 2005 (this was my husband's first cruise), Western Caribbean. My first cruise was the better one, especially the port of calls.

My husband and I are now seriously thinking of an Alaska cruise sometime next year (I am thinking May time) without our son. We both really enjoy Royal Caribbean but have decided to try NCL this time. We are drawn to this line for the freestyle cruising.

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you guys!

Welcome...These boards are a wealth of information....and most of the members are so nice...

Enjoy your cruise!!

Archived