AB Suite on the Majesty

sand dollar

Yes, there is a concierge. We have in the past found that unlike other NCL ships where there are a lot of suites and a lot of demand on the concierge time, the Majesty concierge service is really top notch. There is no butler on the Majesty. You also want to know that some of the Majesty suites have obstructions, so if you have a choice of rooms make sure you know which are which.

Suite ~ Obstruction % ~ Side of Ship

902 ~ 0 ~Port

904 ~ 0 ~Port

905 ~ 0 ~Starboard

906 ~ 30 ~Port

907 ~ 5 ~Starboard

908 ~ 80 ~Port

909 ~ 40 ~Starboard

910 ~ 5 ~Port

911 ~ 50 ~Starboard

912 ~ 0 ~Port

914 ~ 10 ~Port

915 ~ 0 ~Starboard

916 ~ 80 ~Port

917 ~ 0 ~Starboard

918 ~ 50 ~Port

919 ~ 75 ~Starboard

921 ~ 80 ~Starboard

923 ~ 30 ~Starboard

Another poster had posted this information, but I believe it is accurate

Yes, the AB suites are considered full-blown suites and give you VIP status. You have the concierge, a full-sized bathroom w/ upgraded soaps/shampoos, etc. A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, snacks delivered daily, a fruit basket that gets replenished, bathrobes, etc. You also get invited to the Captain's VIP cocktail party.

Just be careful when booking as a lot of these suites have obstructed views. We were in suite 915 last year which has 0% obstruction.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have a couple more Majesty AB Suite questions. Can anyone remember where the outlets are located? Is that a walk-in closet? That would be nice! :D

There is a walk-in closet, but it's not very spacious. Beats the usual inside/oceanview/balcony closets, but not by a lot.

All of the suites on norway deck (9) have obstructive views that are available we are in 906 (30%) but the ncl representative suggested 607 or 608 on the Majesty deck(6). But these seem so forward that I was afraid we would see nothing even though it is 0% obstructive. Has any one stayed in these AB suites? Which would you choose?

Thanks for any info, Lisa

All of the suites on norway deck (9) have obstructive views that are available we are in 906 (30%) but the ncl representative suggested 607 or 608 on the Majesty deck(6). But these seem so forward that I was afraid we would see nothing even though it is 0% obstructive. Has any one stayed in these AB suites? Which would you choose?

Thanks for any info, Lisa

If you look at Radio's photos #21 & #22 in his "Norwegian Majesty Cabins" album it looks like there are 2 windows, one behind the TV & one at the head of the bed. The views are probably good, but you'd have to stand at the window by the TV or get up on the bed to see out of them. Hopefully someone reads your post that can give you a better answer. Maybe ask Radio since we know he was just in one of them taking the photos. I just switched my AB suite today. I was in 905 before, right by the elevator. I moved down the hall, still with 0% obstructed view, so I'm happy about that.

Maryln,

The 1 outlet in the suites, at least in 902, is located @ the writing desk, just outside the bathroom. If you haven't already, I would plan on taking a power strip. FYI, the outlet is three pronged. The closet is big enough that we used it as a changing room. Hope you enjoy the suite life...we sure did. FYI, the concierge is Bruce Van Der Boon. Anything you need on board, let him know and it will be taken care of.

Oops, just saw your sail date...Bruce is going on vacation beginning in August.

Maryln,

The 1 outlet in the suites, at least in 902, is located @ the writing desk, just outside the bathroom. If you haven't already, I would plan on taking a power strip. FYI, the outlet is three pronged. The closet is big enough that we used it as a changing room. Hope you enjoy the suite life...we sure did. FYI, the concierge is Bruce Van Der Boon. Anything you need on board, let him know and it will be taken care of.

Oops, just saw your sail date...Bruce is going on vacation beginning in August.

Thanks so much for the info. We had an AB suite on the Spirit. I love having the concierge service. There will be 4 of us in the suite this time, 3 adults & a 4 year old. How was that being right by the elevators? Are there 1 or 2 safes? Any other tips? I really appreciate it!

Thanks so much for the info. We had an AB suite on the Spirit. I love having the concierge service. There will be 4 of us in the suite this time, 3 adults & a 4 year old. How was that being right by the elevators? Are there 1 or 2 safes? Any other tips? I really appreciate it!

We did not find any issues being that close to the elevator. There is a wall/doorway seperating the stateroom hallway from the elevator/stairs. We didn't even notice the karaoke going on in the Royal Observatory in the late evening.

There is one safe in the closet, I'd say it's standard hotel size. I will say that the space was pretty tight with the sofa bed pulled out, but with it folded, there seemed to be plenty of room. Having the floor to ceiling window was great to watch the ocean go by.

Captains VIP reception was Thursday evening. We found that on several days the stewards overlooked leaving beach towels in the room. Just call reception and they will have them delivered ASAP. I don't want to "scare" you, but I will warn you that the sofa bed (at least in 902) is not the most comfortable in the world. Not that we lost any sleep. Just so you're "prepared". We really loved the suite and completely enjoyed the Majesty.

Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes, the AB suites are considered full-blown suites and give you VIP status. You have the concierge, a full-sized bathroom w/ upgraded soaps/shampoos, etc. A complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, snacks delivered daily, a fruit basket that gets replenished, bathrobes, etc. You also get invited to the Captain's VIP cocktail party.

Just be careful when booking as a lot of these suites have obstructed views. We were in suite 915 last year which has 0% obstruction.

Was there any noise from the deck above during the night?

Was there any noise from the deck above during the night?
Maryln ~ Thanks for bumping this – I was looking for the obstructed list. :)

I don’t know if it would help, but the only thing that we heard from above in 911 was the sound of carts rolling in the morning.

Maryln ~ Thanks for bumping this – I was looking for the obstructed list. :)

I don’t know if it would help, but the only thing that we heard from above in 911 was the sound of carts rolling in the morning.

I can deal with that.;)

That obstructed view list is also at cruisestateroom.com. That list came in very handy.

That obstructed view list is also at cruisestateroom.com. That list came in very handy.
Yes, I wish that I had kept it handy for when the upsell fairy called, but other suites might not have been available any way and our suite did work out fine for us.

Yes, there is a concierge. We have in the past found that unlike other NCL ships where there are a lot of suites and a lot of demand on the concierge time, the Majesty concierge service is really top notch. There is no butler on the Majesty. You also want to know that some of the Majesty suites have obstructions, so if you have a choice of rooms make sure you know which are which.

Just curious - you say there are no butlers on the Majesty? Only the concierge? - When I checked out the deck plan on NCL's site and browsed over the OS and AB it says butler and concierge upon request. But it definately doesn't mention the butlers on the cabin description page -

Just want to clarify.

Just curious - you say there are no butlers on the Majesty? Only the concierge? - When I checked out the deck plan on NCL's site and browsed over the OS and AB it says butler and concierge upon request. But it definately doesn't mention the butlers on the cabin description page -

Just want to clarify.

I just took a look at that text and it’s apparently standard language or maybe just incorrect. We are two weeks off the Majesty, had an AB and the concierge, but no butler. Another thing is that our concierge met us at check-in at a special "VIP" area, so unless the current concierge does things differently than ours did, you won't have to "request" -- he/she will be at your service.

;)

I just took a look at that text and it’s apparently standard language or maybe just incorrect. We are two weeks off the Majesty, had an AB and the concierge, but no butler. Another thing is that our concierge met us at check-in at a special "VIP" area, so unless the current concierge does things differently than ours did, you won't have to "request" -- he/she will be at your service.

Thank you for clarifying - bet the concierge is really busy on the Majesty

I had assumed that it was in error on the deckplan site - but just wanted to be sure.

I was trying to see in the photos if there is a fridge in the AB suites. If there is, where is it? There will be 4 of us. Will we receive one large bottle of water like we did on the Spirit? Are there any drawers in the closet? Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll have more questions before the end of the week. :)

I was trying to see in the photos if there is a fridge in the AB suites. If there is, where is it? There will be 4 of us. Will we receive one large bottle of water like we did on the Spirit? Are there any drawers in the closet? Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll have more questions before the end of the week. :)
Maryln ~ Our fridge was in the cabinet that doubles as a TV stand. In the closet there was a small cabinet that doubled as a stand for our safe; it had a compartment with a “cabinet” door and also two small drawers. Other storage was in a cabinet/end table by the sofa, also the drawers in the nightstand. We had two bottles of water (two different brands).

Archived