AB Suite on the Majesty

sand dollar

Maryln ~ Our fridge was in the cabinet that doubles as a TV stand. In the closet there was a small cabinet that doubled as a stand for our safe; it had a compartment with a “cabinet” door and also two small drawers. Other storage was in a cabinet/end table by the sofa, also the drawers in the nightstand. We had two bottles of water (two different brands).

Thanks, ganders, you've been very helpful. :) Looks like we'll store some our things in our luggage under the beds. I just noticed you were on the SS Independence. I haven't heard anything about her since she left SF. She probably looks like the Norway by now. :(

Thanks, ganders, you've been very helpful. :) Looks like we'll store some our things in our luggage under the beds. I just noticed you were on the SS Independence. I haven't heard anything about her since she left SF. She probably looks like the Norway by now. :(
You're welcome. Feel free to ask any other questions, although our company this weekend will limit my checking in at CC.

Yes, we were on one of the first sailings of the Independence immediately following the 9/11 attacks, also one of its last due to those. I think that there were only 2 or 3 more sailings before it ceased due to the impact. It was our first real cruise and we had nothing to compare it to, so we were quite happy with our little cabin. I heard all kinds of rumors about what might become of the ship, but lost track at some point. It was a neat ship, though, and I'm glad that we had a chance to sail her once.

Hi all. I am actually the one who prepared the suite obstruction list, above. I am so glad it's coming in handy.

As for the Deck 9 suites, the closet is so huge that my husband referred to it as "the other room." :) I would often go in there to read in the mornings before my husband and son woke up. There's an overhead light, and probably enough room for a chair if you wanted.

We also heard no noise from above. We had been concerned about noise from the Observatory Lounge right next door to us (we were in 902), but heard nothing.

The concierge service is a nice perk. Like others have mentioned, we were greeted upon boarding, and our concierge also held a get-together in one of the conference rooms to let us know the services available to us as suite guests. She also stopped by our cabin every afternoon to ask if we needed anything, and to drop off information on ports, or anything else of interest.

How I miss my ship...

Hi all. I am actually the one who prepared the suite obstruction list, above. I am so glad it's coming in handy.

As for the Deck 9 suites, the closet is so huge that my husband referred to it as "the other room." :) I would often go in there to read in the mornings before my husband and son woke up. There's an overhead light, and probably enough room for a chair if you wanted.

We also heard no noise from above. We had been concerned about noise from the Observatory Lounge right next door to us (we were in 902), but heard nothing.

The concierge service is a nice perk. Like others have mentioned, we were greeted upon boarding, and our concierge also held a get-together in one of the conference rooms to let us know the services available to us as suite guests. She also stopped by our cabin every afternoon to ask if we needed anything, and to drop off information on ports, or anything else of interest.

How I miss my ship...

I see you had 3 people in your suite. I was almost tempted to get another cabin for my DD and DGD, but I wasn't sure if they would be allowed to have breakfast & lunch with us in Le Bistro & enjoy the other suite perks. I'm not sure how they handle that when half your family is in a suite & the other half is in an OV or inside cabin. So....I'm sure the 4 of us will be fine in there. :rolleyes: On my first cruise I was in a tourist class cubbyhole with my parents with a shared bathroom down the hall. I'm just happy anywhere. I have a great big smile on my face as soon as I set foot on a ship. :D The suite perks ARE nice, though.

Archived