Tripoli - Libya - P&O's Reply To Query

GlasgowGuy

Important information for anyone on a cruise visiting Libya

We booked the P&O Christmas '08 cruise J824 recently. Upon enquiring about the situation re entry to Libya we were sent the email below:

With regards to our conversation about entry to Libya I have the following information -

People who have an Israeli stamp or visa cannot enter the country

People who have a Jordania entry visa or Egyptian entry visa which was issued at the border to cross into Israel will be unable to visit the country.

All of the information is explained clearly in the literature which passengers will receive in the Pre-Cruise information folder prior to them embarking the ship.

At Southampton ports the staff are aware of a cruise which will visit countries which have strict rules on entering the country. They will look for these stamps on peoples passport and anyone found to be in possession of a passport with these stamps in willbe refused entry onto the ship.

I hope this helps with your query

Kind Regards

Carly Yates

Reservations Cruise Consultant

P & O Cruises

Ext 7962

As the pre-cruise information folder wont arrive until 2-3 weeks before departure it doesn't leave passengers who do have the above stamp/visa in their passport a lot of time to arrange replacements. I urge all prospective cruise passengers with a Libya port of call on their cruise to check their passports as according to P&O they wont let you on their ship if you do have those stamps/visa's.

I realise other cruise company's will have differing regulations re entry to their ships but I thought it important to inform other P&O passengers of their standpoint.

Archived