Spleen HELP

cyndee&bob

Hi Spleen,

Hope this finds you and your family doing well. and again I want to say how sorry we were to hear you won't be joining us Dec 5th, but I sure hope we can meet some where....please even if is only for a drink.(you've been such a big help and we'd love to meet you and your wife)

Okay here is our thoughts: Let us know what you think, and be honest....we have never been to Hawaii, and we want to make the best choice.

Kauai: 10AM-7PM

we have reservations with Flumin place but we are thinking of cancelling and Rent a car: Waimea Canyon and the Spouting Horn?

Oahu:7AM-11PM

rent a car: Hanauma Bay and Lanikai Beach, and if time permits Waimea Falls Park.

Hilo: 7AM-6PM

any suggestions

Kona 7AM-6PM

have reservations with Fair Winds 9:00-1:30pm renting a car, but maybe we can just take a taxi to and from and walk around town? what do you think?

Maui 7AM-3PM

Blue Hawaiian Hellicopters since we aren't in port very long. We have rented a car, but maybe we won't. I really wanted to go to Oheo Gulch and swim in the Seven Sacred Pools. but we don't think time will permit. or what about going to Haleakala National Park?

Spleen, Bob and I like to snorkel and love the ocean. Bob is not able to hike (back problems) so please give us any fedback.

And hopefully we can meet somewhere

Thank you

Cyndee and Bob

Cyndee,

I'm still hoping to get together with the Dec. 5th people when you guys come to Oahu. icon_smile.gif

Kauai: Flumin Da Ditch would have been fun ... but if you want to see some of the sights, Waimea Canyon is well worthwhile. I would skip Spouting Horn ... you'd probably be somewhat disappointed (though it's a hop and a skip away from Poipu Beach which IS worth visiting). Also, Oahu's Blowhole is very similar and you'll be right nearby if you go to Hanauma Bay. You may want to go north and see the Na Pali coastline and Hanalei Bay which is absolutely gorgeous.

Oahu - Hanauma Bay and Lanikai Beach sound like fun. No interest in Pearl Harbor?

Hilo - you HAVE to go see Volcanoes National Park. It's a must.

Kona - Fair Winds should be good - anything that takes you to Kealakekua Bay should be fun and very worth snorkeling. Kona may be doable with taxis instead if you primarily are planning on doing Fair Winds and walking around town.

Maui - limited time here makes it difficult. Blue Hawaiian Helicopters should be good though far from Lahaina. You certainly could go to Kaanapali Beach and snorkel at Black Rock.

Hope this helps!

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Just a little unsolicited thought from me...lol! I think that a cab to and from the Fairwinds (you should get back to town by about 2 I would guess) and then poking about in town is a very reasonable day. If you were to try to rent a car after Fairwinds, you wouldn't have a heck of a lot of time, especially since you will have to be back on the ship by 5:30 and it is a tender stop. By the time you got to the airport to rent the car, did the paperwork, etc., and figure the time to return the car and take a shuttle or something back to the ship, go through security, take a tender to the ship...not much time to do anything else.

There will be a shuttle up to the Walmart and I've seen one in town on cruise ship days that seems to be going to the K-Mart. Plus there is Hilo Hatties just a little ways up the road from the pier...And in my opinion, plenty around the pier to keep you busy for a couple of hours.

Aloha!

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

We want to thank you both......it sounds great to us.

Spleen, sure hope you you're able to come with us

Did you keep your cabin?

I'll keep in touch, and asked you both questions from time to time as I get our plans together (hope you don't mind)

Thanks again,

Aloha

Cyndee and Bob

Emi - that was my thinking as well ... icon_smile.gif

cyndee - sorry, we gave up our cabin long time ago. Don't have enough vacation to do the 2 wks in December at this point. But looking forward to meeting you guys in Oahu!

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Archived