Frank's zip line tour questions

Mrs Booboo

For any of you that have used Frank's - how many lines are in the zip line tour? Are they all really short, or are some of them longer? How far above the ground are they?

Was anybody with just 2 people able to book (his site says minimum of 4 people) and he just hooked you up with other people?

We just got home last week and 3 of my friends did the zip line with Frank. There were 6 of us in the van but only 3 did the zip line. I walked thru the rain forest at the zip line place. My friends had a wonderful time. I think there are 13-14 platforms making you zip 6 times. They were plenty off the ground. The staff there was very safety conscience, helpful and fun to zip with. Frank knows the people at the zip line and they will treat you right. Franks email is franktax@hotmail.com and you can google....st. lucia frank...to get to his website. He was very quick in responding to our questions and reservation. I would defiantly do the zip line while in St. Lucia. Have fun!

Was the price the same for those who didn't do the zipline? We may have people in our party that would like to come along but not zipline. I would hate for them to have to pay for it without actually doing it.

The cost for us to zip line with Frank was $80 per person to zip and $30 to ride thru the rainforest to the zip place with the others. This includes his cooler filled with drinks. I didn't zip line, instead I walked thru the rainforest and took pictures and watched my friends zip. It was a very nice tour. My friends had a blast. I would have done if I could have.

The cost for us to zip line with Frank was $80 per person to zip and $30 to ride thru the rainforest to the zip place with the others. This includes his cooler filled with drinks. I didn't zip line, instead I walked thru the rainforest and took pictures and watched my friends zip. It was a very nice tour. My friends had a blast. I would have done if I could have.

How long was the trip out? How long did you spend at the zip lines? About what time did you get back to the port?

(Will I ever stop asking questions?) :D

Thanks!

Just an FYI...the last line is awesome! I think they said it is 800' long. The zips had made improvements since I was there in 2005 to September 2007. Loved it both times!!! The owner is great, has a great team working the lines. And Frank...very good. He was willing to take just the 2 of us, but we ended up finding someone from the baords to go with us anyway. We were the only ship in port that day, so don't know if that made any difference or not. We paid him a few extra $$ pp to take us to REduit Beach/pick us back up/then drop us off for an hour of shopping all after doing the zips. All very reasonable and was always on time.

We just returned from the 2/9 sailing of the Crown Princess and booked through Frank. There were 4 of us though. Frank met us at 8:30 a.m. and one of his drivers took us to the zip lines. It took about 45 minutes of driving through lush mountains and miles of bananas to arrive at the zip lines. It seems as if we did 8 zip lines--they vary in length--two of which cross over streams--and the last one is over 800 feet. I can't say how tall they are, but I noticed that a palm tree had been "shaved" on the top, as I went over the top of it. The scenery is spectacular! We were back to the cruise ship dock by 12:30, but paid the driver another 20 dollars to take us to Rodney Bay until 3:00. He waited for us while we ate lunch at the High Tide restaurant, lounged on the beach, and rented a jet ski. We were back to the cruise ship once again by 3:20. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from zipping with Frank. He said this is the original zipline and there are actually two zipline companies on the island. I counted 7 lines and it was busy that day but the wait between lines was very short.

If you have never ziplined before this is something to not miss.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are really considering doing the zipline.. I would like to know for those that have done these what safety precautions do they take. We did this in Honurous and we were no helmets and was very scary.. I got hit in the nose from another zipper.. We love to zip but want to make sure from now on that there are safety things in place..

Would like opinions from zippers on the island.

Thanks,

Paula

• 2 weeks later...
We are really considering doing the zipline.. I would like to know for those that have done these what safety precautions do they take. We did this in Honurous and we were no helmets and was very scary.. I got hit in the nose from another zipper.. We love to zip but want to make sure from now on that there are safety things in place..

Would like opinions from zippers on the island.

Thanks,

Paula

We were there in June. I don't really care for heights, but loved this. I always felt very safe. Our guides were great and took our safety very seriously.

Archived