carnival ???pregnant??

muffinlover

when does Carnival cut off pregnant women from cruising?? my nephew and his wife are planning to go on a cruise this spring and she is due June 23. I don't think they have thought of her being pregnant on the cruise.

She will need a Doctors note and she can not sail after 24 weeks (it's in the Carnival brochure).

Here is the quote from the brochure-I will be 23 weeks when we set sail-whew! We booked this before I knew I was PG!

PREGNANCY POLICY

Guests who are 24 weeks or more into their pregnancy on the date of embarkation will not be allowed to sail. In order to sail, all pregnant women, must submit, prior to departure, a letter from her attending physician certifying the gestational period and that the expecting mother is fit to sail.

If she's due in June, there's no way she will be allowed to cruise. Just tell her that last week, a woman on Celebrity had to be air evac'd off the cruise ship because she went into labor 8 weeks early. You do not want to be on a cruise ship and go into early labor because the medical facilities cannot handle that type of thing.

Archived