Do you think this can be done?

glo1196

I have a friend who has a family of six. They always get two inside cabins. They said the last time the cruised the called the cruise line and got an upgrade to a suite, for less money then stated. She said the cruise line was happy to do it, because their ship was pretty full, and they would probably not sell the suite to just two people, but could sell their room easily to just two people.

I am asking because we to have to rooms in our upcoming room, and boy would I love to upgrade to a suite. From our measley inside cabins. So do you guys think she is just talking trash? I don't want to call and make a fool out of myself...I'll be the woman they all point and laugh at on the cruise. Our cruise is close to sold out. There isn't even a cabin that holds 3 left on the ship.

I probably am to much of a chicken to try, but has anyone tried this or have heard of it?

You can always try--but don't count on any big discount! Generally, when you ask for an upgrade before arriving at the pier, you will pay the difference in the going rates.

Now, if there are still suites avail. when you arrive at the pier, you can ask the pier coordinator and they sometimes can give you an upgrade for less. That's assuming there is a suite left!

Give it a try, so what if they think you are crazy. You will have much more fun in life if you are willing to try, especially on a cruise. Get used to embarrising yourself, its a blast. Enter everything and go for it.

The worst thing that will happen if you call is you will still have a great time on your trip. The best thing is you will have a great time on your trip.

If you don't call you will be wondering for the rest of your life.

CALL THEM

Well, I've got to say it's unlikely that it will be possible, especially if you have more than 4 people.

If they had 6 people, assuming they were on Royal Caribbean, there aren't that many cabins that they could upgrade to.

On most RCCL ships the only suite that will accommodate 6 people is the Royal Family Suite. There are few on each ship, so the likelihood of one being available come sailing date is extremely slim. Now, on Freedom class the Presidential Family Suite could also accommodate 6 people BUT if by some rare chance it was available, the cost to upgrade to it would probably be more than it would cost to go ahead and book two balcony staterooms now.

Well, I've got to say it's unlikely that it will be possible, especially if you have more than 4 people.

If they had 6 people, assuming they were on Royal Caribbean, there aren't that many cabins that they could upgrade to.

On most RCCL ships the only suite that will accommodate 6 people is the Royal Family Suite. There are few on each ship, so the likelihood of one being available come sailing date is extremely slim. Now, on Freedom class the Presidential Family Suite could also accommodate 6 people BUT if by some rare chance it was available, the cost to upgrade to it would probably be more than it would cost to go ahead and book two balcony staterooms now.

I think the OP is saying that the cruise line upgraded one of the inside cabins to a JS, so then they would have a JS and an inside - not one suite for all of them.

Archived