age in cabin ??

crusinsusan

Carnival's current policy requires a parent or guardian 25 or older to be booked in the stateroom with those under 21 with only a couple of exceptions (married couples under 25 is one). I don't know if they will let you switch that at embarkation or not.

If you were to book 2 rooms and list your husband in one and wife in the other with the teens, what would stop you from changing rooms after check in? That is probably completely against the rules, and I have no children so I won't be doing it, but I was just wondering

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Switching rooms without telling Carnival can be done, but you run into problems with the S&S cards, since they kids are teens, whoever gets the kid's card can't buy a drink! I guess the policy has changed, because in Aug 03, we sailed on the Glory and they said the kids were linked to our cabin, so it was OK, and we were six decks above them.

We switched rooms when we were on the Conquest in June. We booked adjoining cabins and hubby and I stayed in one and our three kids in the other. We had to reserve the rooms showing an adult in each room. We didn't bother to change keys around since the rooms were adjoining and we were always with at least one of the kids anyway.

We went on the Imagination 3 years ago and had to book an adult in each room when we got on board we changed the s/s keys at the Pursers desk.

We are booked on the Legend in Aug 05 and again have an adult in the rooms with the kids and plan to switch.

I do not understand the policy of not booking anyone under 25 in a cabin. My daughter and her boyfriend, who was old enough to be a Marine and possibly die for this country ..yet he is not old enough to go on a crusie!!!!!

There's an update to the previously updated minor policy..you'll all be happy to know. Children can be booked in their own cabin AS LONG AS it is an adjoining cabin, with a door betwen the cabins, or an inside cabin directly across from the parents. Children cannot be booked alone in a balcony cabin. Cabins cannot be guarantee cabins.

There's an update to the previously updated minor policy..you'll all be happy to know. Children can be booked in their own cabin AS LONG AS it is an adjoining cabin, with a door betwen the cabins, or an inside cabin directly across from the parents. Children cannot be booked alone in a balcony cabin. Cabins cannot be guarantee cabins.

Where did you find this?

Just spoke to Carnival yesterday and it seems they have wised up and have now switched their rule back to the way it was a month ago. As of now, if kids are traveling with parents, they can be in their own cabin if it is across the hall or next door. This is what I was told, but then again, they seem to change their position on this issue quite often lately. I think they had to change back because they didn't think it through completely and once they did, they realized they were alientating family travelers in many cases. You know, it's all about the Benjamin!

Y'know what? I've just gotta jump in here and say that I KNOW this is done all the time (parents booking one in one cabin and one in the other, then switching up).....and I personally wish this wasn't allowed and would be checked on.

My CTN this past wknd was really not very pleasant (when I was in my cabin), because there were parentless kids of all ages on either side of me...very noisy, screaming, banging on the walls, slamming the closets and drawers, knocking on other cabin doors, etc. etc. etc. This went on until 1:30-2am. Very miserable for me.

I know people will continue to do this........but, IF the parents could just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let their kids know there are others on the ship (next door) who really need some peace and quiet while in their cabins......and to show just a little courtesy. However, seems most of these parents don't know or don't care what their kids are doing.:rolleyes:

I just booked our 7/3 Miracle cruise with Carnival LAST NIGHT. There are 5 of us going, Me, DH & 3 kids (12,9,9). We could NOT put all the kids in one room and DH & I in another. So as it stands, DH & his 9yo daughter are in 1 room, and me & my 2 boys (12 & 9) are next door (no connecting rooms available).

IMHO, I would have to say that even if parents shared a room with their children, there would be times when the children are on their own in the cabin. I know this from Vegas and Reno trips, where obviously, children did not have their own rooms. I agree, parents need to continually remind their children to be considerate of the others nearby. My point to all of this is, no matter Carnival's take on this sharing or allowing minors to have their own cabin, it won't make a difference. It is the parents that will make the difference. Just go check on your kids alittle more frequently moms and dads. Use walkie talkies and check to see where they are and just pop in. If they are getting too rowdy, deal with them. Then, for all these parents that need to be seperate from their kids, they will be able to, since it won't cause more issues.

Blue, I agree. I don't have any problem with 'during the day' if the kids are in the cabins, but at night at least at 2am - this is a REAL problem. The kids were having a grand old time with absolutely NO supervision, while obviously the parents were either dancin' the night away OR sound asleep in the quiet of their own cabins. Grrrrrr.:mad:

I just called CCL and was told that parents may not book one room and child/teens another room. A parent/guardian must be on room reservation for those under 21. The reason was that there sometimes was a problem with out of control kids and CCL wanted parents responsible for their kids. I agree with that. CCL agent also said you could change rooms when onboard.

Susan

Just spoke to Carnival yesterday and it seems they have wised up and have now switched their rule back to the way it was a month ago. As of now, if kids are traveling with parents, they can be in their own cabin if it is across the hall or next door. This is what I was told, but then again, they seem to change their position on this issue quite often lately. I think they had to change back because they didn't think it through completely and once they did, they realized they were alientating family travelers in many cases. You know, it's all about the Benjamin!

I just called and confirmed this.

Y'know what? I've just gotta jump in here and say that I KNOW this is done all the time (parents booking one in one cabin and one in the other, then switching up).....and I personally wish this wasn't allowed and would be checked on.

My CTN this past wknd was really not very pleasant (when I was in my cabin), because there were parentless kids of all ages on either side of me...very noisy, screaming, banging on the walls, slamming the closets and drawers, knocking on other cabin doors, etc. etc. etc. This went on until 1:30-2am. Very miserable for me.

I know people will continue to do this........but, IF the parents could just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let their kids know there are others on the ship (next door) who really need some peace and quiet while in their cabins......and to show just a little courtesy. However, seems most of these parents don't know or don't care what their kids are doing.:rolleyes:

Ditto Cotton

I also spoke with a Carnival rep yesterday. She actually laughed and said, "Yes, for a few weeks we had to book a parent or adult of at least 25 years old in each cabin with the children. We had so many problems that they've now switched the policy back to the way it was....." She confirmed that as a parent of 4 children ages 7-18, that I am again permitted to book myself and my husband in one cabin, my girls in a second cabin, and my boys in a third cabin. Yippppeeeeee!!!!! :D :D

Carnival could help itself out if they enforced rules they already have in place. If a kid is getting in trouble--running up and down the hallways at night that kid should be taken to the parents cabin.

But carnival employees turn a blind eye to all that because they dont want to ruin peoples vacation.

My husband and I are booked in a balcony along with some friends right next door, and we were allowed to book all of our teenagers 17, 16 & (2) 13 year old boys in a room by themselves across the hall. We intentionally picked a spot that could accomodate how many people we needed in the balonies first then put the kids across from us where it so happens that we have 2 of the four inside cabins that are in that area. Believe me this was no small feat. I hope this works out for all of us. There are adults from our group surrounding them on all sides and will keep them in line. We have the walkie talkies... And our kids will have curfews and be checked on frequently. I hope like everyone else that no one's cruise is ruined by any kids.. but especially by mine, and intend on keeping a tight reign on them myself. We leave on the Conquest 10-10-04.. can't wait!

slucca ;)

Archived