In a dither!!

sheephugs

Not sure what to do. We've been to Ocho Rios once before & did Dunns River Falls. This time we'd just like a day at the beach. I contacted Bamboo Beach Club & was told I had to go thru cruise line, but the only tour they offered was for the beach & the Falls (for around $80.00). Now I've seen some iffy reviews on Bamboo. Spice Beach sounds good but sounds like they only offer that when Bamboo is closed (Tues?) & we will be there on a Monday. I've seen some other inclusive resort info but when I search online, I only seem to get yahoo & trip advisor stuff, not their websites. We have a couple of teens with us so Sandals is out. What do you recommend? And do you just take a taxi to these resorts? Are there always taxis waiting to take you back or can you work a pick up time with the taxi that dropped you off? Any help would be appreciated...it's the only port where I'm at loose ends.

Have you looked into Reaggie Beach? Web info says they're 4 miles from Ocho, so you could walk back if you can't get a cab. Site looks nice. They offer changing rooms and such $5/person.

Have you looked at Mayfield Falls as a different than Dunns Falls excursion? Their site looks fantastic. I contacted my favorite tour guide cruiseadventuresja.com after I looked at the site online and scheduled a tour.

Even if you don't contract a tour through them, you could drop them an email and see if a trip to and from a clean safe beach is available, or at least if they could recommend a close beach.

If you email them, or call them, you'll get to talk to or communicate with Maureen. She's wonderful. If you do contact them, please tell her that Dove from Las Vegas says Hello!

Archived