Passporters Guide To Disney Cruise Lines?

ilovecraig929

someone mentioned this book in a post so i looked it up on ebay and saw that there are like 5 or 6 versions. does anyone know if one of the older versions (like maybe edition 4) would be helpful at all? i didnt see any of the new ones but i was thinking for someone who had never cruised disney at all do you think there would be information to be gleaned from the older versions or do you think it would all be outdated?

thanks!

Could you get good info from an old version? Yes, but will you know which parts are no longer accurate??? The different versions list the ports, excursions, spa treatments, dining schedule, etc. as it was in the year printed. If you can get one for a couple of bucks, do it. If its more, go to www.passporter.com and get a new one!! (they also sometimes have older editions cheap)

Passporter is a great resource!!

I bought one from 2003 recently and it's surprising how much is outdated.

I would go to the library and see what they have. I got a lot of 2008 edition books on Disney World (not Passporter brand but in my opinion better). I bet they have books on Disney cruises, too.

The newest edition is not available to ship from Amazon until March 21st.

I'm not sure if it's available directly from The Passporter website yet but I would check there first. www.passporter.com

IMO, The Passporter is the best comprehensive resource for Disney Cruise info in printed form. It's a must when planning your first DCL vacation.

Personally, I love the deluxe. It has pockets and dividers. I can stick in a map of Key west when I find one, or write my palo reservations on the divider for that day. I can stick info from AAA in too, or write a phone # or address of a business for a certain port on that day's divider. I can take out any info for ports I don't need. I love the deluxe!

Just my opinion.

Personally, I love the deluxe. It has pockets and dividers. I can stick in a map of Key west when I find one, or write my palo reservations on the divider for that day. I can stick info from AAA in too, or write a phone # or address of a business for a certain port on that day's divider. I can take out any info for ports I don't need. I love the deluxe!

Just my opinion.

You can also download updated pages from their web site. They'll work with the paperback version also but it's harder to replace the pages.

If you order the current version from the Passporter website you can instantly download the entire book. The book itself is due to ship March 15.

One reason to purchase the latest version is that the descriptions of the ports will be current. For example, if you purchase last years version it will have a lot of info on the transatlantic cruises and Mediterranean ports DCL traveled to last season. Not valid for this season.

I love my deluxe Passporter and the refill option is wonderful.

If you join the forum you can get a discount coupon code for I think 30% off. I just noticed their boards are down but should be back up soon.

Archived