wher are Wal-Marts in Hawaii?

ghoterman

I think there's a Walmart in every port, and there is a free shuttle to it in every port too. We took the one in Kona. It was a short ride, but it was uphill all the way. If you don't mind a walk down very steep hills you could walk back to the dock. We chose to take the shuttle back to the dock and then grab the shuttle to Hilo Hattie's. It was only about half way to Walmart so we did walk back to the dock from there.

In Hilo it's a little farther away, but there's still a free shuttle. You'd probably need to take the shuttle both ways. There's almost nothing near the port in Hilo; it's rather industrial.

PS Be careful of the Hilo Hattie shuttles. In Honolulu it stops for 30 minutes at the Maui Divers store first "for your convenience". The shuttle guide told me they have to do that because Maui Divers pays for the shuttle. In Kona the Maui Divers store is right inside the Hilo H store so there's no additional stop.

In Hilo, you can take the Hilo Hattie's shuttle and then walk over to Walmart. We did this, because all of our luggage was stolen, so we needed to still buy some things before we went on the whale watching the next day in Maui. We took the Hilo Hattie's shuttle because it came before the Walmart shuttle.

Although there is a Walmart in Maui it isn't close to Lahaina. The Walmart in Kona is up on a hill overlooking the bay. A beautiful place to take a pic of your ship. The Hilo Walmart is a little ways but they have a free shuttle. It got to be a joke kinda when we went on our cruise cause I had to hit each Walmart. LOL

There is a Wal-Mart in Kona that has a free shuttle from the pier. This is a great store to go to.... not necessisarily to shop but for the view.

Some of my best pictures of the Star and POA when we were there are from the parking lot of this store. It sits high on a hill overlooking the harbor. Great pics of the ships anchored and the port from the edge of the parking lot. The shuttle driver told us that alot of people do just that. Take the shuttle up, get out, take pictures and then get back in and go back to the port.....

I see that there are Wal-marts in Lahaina and Kahului. How far are they from the port? Are there any others in other ports that are nearby?

You also will find one on Kapiolni Blvd. in Honolulu just down the street from Ala Moana Shopping Center.

ACOP

Archived