Talavera in Progreso?

annf

We didn't see any Talavera in Progresso nor Merida. We've been to Cozumel 3 or 4 times on various cruises and I do not remember seeing any in any of the shops on the main street. If you are in Texas, Laredo, Nuevo Laredo and the market in downtown San Antonio have great selections.

We didn't see any Talavera in Progresso nor Merida. We've been to Cozumel 3 or 4 times on various cruises and I do not remember seeing any in any of the shops on the main street. If you are in Texas, Laredo, Nuevo Laredo and the market in downtown San Antonio have great selections.

There are actually several places in Cozumel that carry Talavera pottery. I was hoping that Progreso had a shop as well but guess I will have to purchase in Cozumel.

Take a picture with you of what your looking for and that may help you to find what your are looking for. I also agree that cozumel may be your best bet. Merida may also have what your looking for as well if you can find a taxi driver that speaks english and you are willing to go on a wild goose chase.

Last time we were there, instead of going to the beach with the rest of our gang, I went with my sister to look for some percussion instruments. We were told that we would never find what she was looking for and we did because of the pictures. I think the taxi was about $35.00 but he stuck with us for about 4 hours.

Archived