Bike,Hike,& Kayak Excursion & ATV Experience

carolbol

We did the NCL ATV excursion on Jan. 8th and had a blast! We were on one of the first tenders and once we arrived everything was very organized with signs for each tour. It only took about 15 minutes to get everyone good to go and all their stuff strapped on the ATV's. We went further into the island than we thought which was great. The road you take is paved at first then its dirt the rest of the way. You go convoy style on the way there then on the way back everyone had more fun with waiting in line one at a time on the large hills and going as fast as you could one at a time up the hills. You will get to go through a river, if you don't want to get wet then go slow and pick your feet up. You will see some beautiful lush green hills. You will also see tons of children running out of their homes waving and giving you high fives. The poeple of Samana are very poor. Many young children have no clothes on and their home are mere shacks. However they are the nicest poeple we have come across. Many people would give out dollar bills to some of the children and the looks on their faces were priceless. These children are further away from the dock so they don't beg for money or try to sell stuff they are just being kids. If we go again I will be taking shoes to give to the children. We were supposed to go to a waterfall but for some reason we couldn't I think the road was washed out, can't really remember. We did end up at a beautiful beach where we had a rum drink out of pineapple's and they did give us each a bottle of water. There are children there dressed in their best clothes with plates of fruit they are selling. These children were not pushy and very nice. Keep in mind there are no bathrooms, so don't go crazy with the water. We got plenty of time at the beach and then headed back. The tour was great! I would go back and do it in a heartbeat! After the tour we did go into town. Not much there, went to the straw market and got a few things. The children in town are more pushy on the selling of the seashells so be prepared. But it in no way ruined our time. I hope you have fun in Samana if you have anymore questions let me know :)

We did the NCL ATV excursion on Jan. 8th and had a blast! We were on one of the first tenders and once we arrived everything was very organized with signs for each tour. It only took about 15 minutes to get everyone good to go and all their stuff strapped on the ATV's. We went further into the island than we thought which was great. The road you take is paved at first then its dirt the rest of the way. You go convoy style on the way there then on the way back everyone had more fun with waiting in line one at a time on the large hills and going as fast as you could one at a time up the hills. You will get to go through a river, if you don't want to get wet then go slow and pick your feet up. You will see some beautiful lush green hills. You will also see tons of children running out of their homes waving and giving you high fives. The poeple of Samana are very poor. Many young children have no clothes on and their home are mere shacks. However they are the nicest poeple we have come across. Many people would give out dollar bills to some of the children and the looks on their faces were priceless. These children are further away from the dock so they don't beg for money or try to sell stuff they are just being kids. If we go again I will be taking shoes to give to the children. We were supposed to go to a waterfall but for some reason we couldn't I think the road was washed out, can't really remember. We did end up at a beautiful beach where we had a rum drink out of pineapple's and they did give us each a bottle of water. There are children there dressed in their best clothes with plates of fruit they are selling. These children were not pushy and very nice. Keep in mind there are no bathrooms, so don't go crazy with the water. We got plenty of time at the beach and then headed back. The tour was great! I would go back and do it in a heartbeat! After the tour we did go into town. Not much there, went to the straw market and got a few things. The children in town are more pushy on the selling of the seashells so be prepared. But it in no way ruined our time. I hope you have fun in Samana if you have anymore questions let me know :)

Hey JollyCruise,

Thanks for that awesome review. The ATV excursion was the first thing that I booked when the excursions came out. We'll be on the Spirit 4/19 and so looking forward to Samana. Glad to hear that you guys got beach time too. Do you recommend wearing water shoes on the ATV?

Hey JollyCruise,

Thanks for that awesome review. The ATV excursion was the first thing that I booked when the excursions came out. We'll be on the Spirit 4/19 and so looking forward to Samana. Glad to hear that you guys got beach time too. Do you recommend wearing water shoes on the ATV?

Yes water shoes would be good. Everyone has to have some sort of closed toed shoe.

I hope you have a wonderful time. We enjoyed the ATV's so much we went and bought two this weekend! So now we are addicted to cruising and taking the ATV's out (Yikes):)

Yes water shoes would be good. Everyone has to have some sort of closed toed shoe.

I hope you have a wonderful time. We enjoyed the ATV's so much we went and bought two this weekend! So now we are addicted to cruising and taking the ATV's out (Yikes):)

WOW! You guys must have had a ball. I wish I that I could have bought a dune buggy, from my trip to Turk and Caicos (that excursion was too sweet!)

I should have had a pair on when I went dune buggying, we went through water and my sneakers were soaked. I think that it may work. Some folks wore flip flops though :eek:

Archived