Child care on Costa Classica

wth101

Has anyone travelled on the Classica recently with children? My wife and I are taking our son aged 3 on a cruise on the Classica next month and would be interested in opinions of the childrens facilities. We wouls probably like to have 1 or 2 evenings to ourselves but are not sure if babysitting can be organised, it looks like its available on other Costa ships but not the classica.

Thanks Wayne

• 1 month later...

I was just reading your post and wondering if you have gone on your cruise yet? My son and his family are going on the Atlantica in Dec. with their three year old and I was wondering how you made it with your child and if you had any suggestions. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I just thought I'd let you know how we got on. The cruise was great, it was our first but will not be our last. We were really pleased with what was available for child care. Although in the end we didn't use it as much as we thought, perhaps only 4 or 5 times.

One evening was on the captains dinner night were the staff organised a childrens party for this time.

The other times were generally after our meal (we had the early sitting) when we would have a couple of hours to oursleves. Thomas enjoyed his time in the kids club, they organised lots of different events and had plenty of things to keep kids occupied in the in the kids area.

Perhaps the only problem was that as our son is only 3 there were not very many others his age, and as it was the Med cruise there were very few English speaking children, but that was just on that particular cruise.

All the staff were great with Thomas, especially in the dining room and the cabin staff. The child care staff were obviously trained in what they did and you could tell they enjoyed it.

Hope you have as good a cruise

Wayne

Archived