Suggestions near pier

Squappie

I think you need to give more information than that....for instance, if you have 6 hours to spend, there is a bus station across the street- by bus you can get to a beach to go snorkelling, etc. if you only have a little time, there is all kinds of shopping, restaurants, plus beaches you can walk to from the pier. lots of tour companies have an office near the pier as well.....

Sue

Well, you can certainly eat, drink and people watch from Mambo Jambo's (see below) and the Paddock restaurant (also below). they were two of our favorites that are walking distance from the pier. Hope your weather is better than ours was (also see below) though. I am sure it will be. Not often that Aruba has tornados and hurricanes all in one week!

Sue

578073212_PolynesiaABCIslands082607008.jpg.2c1f215f89464666230c078834916320.jpg

124844984_PolynesiaABCIslands082607037.jpg.e305e330a08ba23b6d03e0eecfe49e14.jpg

1375046568_PolynesiaABCIslands082607005.jpg.b848d0130c2adbf71618b47699788058.jpg

we were there at the end of August, 07- the tornados ( I got several pictures) "greeted" us about 2 hours after we got off the plane. there were torrential downpours- the streets were so flooded you couldn't cross them. All you could do was sit and drink Margaritas until the rain stopped...gee, tough life. Our cab driver stopped while we were in the cab so we could watch them- he tried to convince us they never see tornados on Aruba, but we weren't sure.......

the day we were supposed to leave, hurricane Felix arrived. we arrived at the airport at 6 am for the flight that AA assured us was going, and the lady at the ticket counter got a call before we got to her.....when she hung up she said "sorry, airport is closing- everyone has to go home to be safe" . Lovely. Lucky our cabbie had waited (at least HE was smart).

we didn't get home for 3 days, although Felix didn't cause too much damage to Aruba...

quite an eventful trip, weatherwise!

Sue

A movie? You can see a movie any day back at home. I would definitely not want to waste precious hours on Aruba in a movie theatre, but, hey, that's just me.

A movie? You can see a movie any day back at home. I would definitely not want to waste precious hours on Aruba in a movie theatre, but, hey, that's just me.

I could not agree with you more. With that said, though, not everyone loves the beach or sightseeing. I know families who go on vacation in Aruba and drop their kids off at the movies and then the adults go out to dinner.

A new large waterpark is being built. My 11 yo dd will not be a patron there either. We can do that at home, but we live 6 hours from the beach, so when in Aruba, we take advantage of that as much as possible.

Archived