La Romana Pictures

shorties

Just back from the destiny february 3-10. I do not have pictures as of yet. I can tell you going into la romana is done by shuttle which you catch outside off the pier. It is 5.00 per person return. They take you to a sort of central park area with vendors dancing etc. They advise you not to go in certain areas past the park. I did not go to Catalina Island. Bayhaibe Beach - We took the ship excursion for $57.00 per person we got transportation to and from the resort and beach chair, beach towel and all the drinks you can drink in 4 hours. The beach is beautiful but a little rocky and the water was a little rough to snorkel. There are some vendors a little way down the beach. We also had full use of the beautiful swimming pool complete with swim up bar. I believe the name of the resort is Oasis Canoa you may be able to find pictures on the internet. This is a european style beach. Meaning topless is okay. We only saw two women sunning without tops. It was not that obvious.

I would recommend you go to the Kandela Show in Altos De Chavon on Friday night. Go early it is a beautiful resort made of stone. Lots of quaint patios to have a drink. The show is in a stone outdoor ampitheatre. Fabulous!!!

Just back from the destiny february 3-10. I do not have pictures as of yet. I can tell you going into la romana is done by shuttle which you catch outside off the pier. It is 5.00 per person return. They take you to a sort of central park area with vendors dancing etc. They advise you not to go in certain areas past the park. I did not go to Catalina Island. Bayhaibe Beach - We took the ship excursion for $57.00 per person we got transportation to and from the resort and beach chair, beach towel and all the drinks you can drink in 4 hours. The beach is beautiful but a little rocky and the water was a little rough to snorkel. There are some vendors a little way down the beach. We also had full use of the beautiful swimming pool complete with swim up bar. I believe the name of the resort is Oasis Canoa you may be able to find pictures on the internet. This is a european style beach. Meaning topless is okay. We only saw two women sunning without tops. It was not that obvious.

I would recommend you go to the Kandela Show in Altos De Chavon on Friday night. Go early it is a beautiful resort made of stone. Lots of quaint patios to have a drink. The show is in a stone outdoor ampitheatre. Fabulous!!!

Can you do the Kandela show on your own or do you have to go thru the ship? The site says it's only $35 but the ship is charging $59 even with the taxi at $5 each way that's only $45.

Archived