Crowne Plaza San Pedro-Park and Cruise

lynneamycruise

I have a rate of $189.00 for the Crowne Plaza San Pedro's Park and Cruise..one night lodging plus parking for the duration of our cruise (March 15th-Golden Princess)

Has anyone found a better rate than that? I have check on Travelocity and Expedia...but do not see this package...

Any tips would be appreciated!

We got the Crowne Plaza on Hotwire for about $80 per night, and parking at the peir is $12 per day. So for a 7 day cruise it would be a little cheaper than the Park and Cruise rate. Of course you're not guaranteed to get the Crown Plaza when you book through Hotwire, but I was able to get 4 rooms on the same day there.

Check out The DoubleTree San Pedro. We got a good price on their cruise package; night before, full breakfast, parking for 15 days, and shuttles to and from pier.

We had the same package in mid-December for the Hawaiian cruise. The price was more like $194 that includeed the above as well as a bottle of champaigne. I have seen prices lower than that for non-view rooms. We were very pleased with our room and package.

We met some folks on the cruise who cruise a lot and swore by the Crowne Plaza so we are trying it in early May. Our "internet rate" for a king room is $152 so anything less than that sounds like a real bargin.

View room?

I've always had good luck just asking for a room w/ a view/high floor.

Then again, if a hotel has suites avaliable I've always had good luck w/ sticking a $20 between my driver's lic and credit card when checking in and asking if 'free upgrades are avaliable'.

View room?

I've always had good luck just asking for a room w/ a view/high floor.

Then again, if a hotel has suites avaliable I've always had good luck w/ sticking a $20 between my driver's lic and credit card when checking in and asking if 'free upgrades are avaliable'.

Wow, things you learn when you read these boards.

I know a guy who got good corp rates just by saying he was with "GM". I have tried using "Chevron" a few times and neither he or I were asked for ID.

Update---

Just got back from our stay at the Crowne Plaza and Monarch cruise.

We got a really nice room on the 7th floor overlooking the harbor. They also said we could add on parking for the cruise at $10 a day, so we did that and took the shuttle. Worked out great. Very pleasant staff and very nice hotel, would definately stay there again. I did have them add my Priority club number to the reservation, but it did not give us free breakfast.

Some friends sailing with us, decided to get the park and sail package, I think they paid $189 and they did get free breakfast, and I think a couple of cocktails and the parking.

We did hotwire for $80 and paid the $10 per day parking for 3 days.

Archived