Seattle Hotel- Waterfornt or downtown

wlfarm

Will be in Seattle friday June 6 before cruising on Golden Princess June 7.

Am thinking about Marriott waterfornt. Is ther alot to see and do around waterfront. Am thinking about walking toward downtown in afternoon and getting back to waterfornt by dark, for dinner. I've seen on Trip Advisor that the walk from Pike market back to waterfornt can be a little scary after dark. Does this sound like a good plan? Or, is there a better location downtown where I should stay (more restaurants, etc) and walk to waterfront for afternoon and get back to hotel area for evening. Marriott rates are $270. Will hotels shuttle cruise pax. to pier? I believe Princess sails at Pier 30.

Thanks!

I don't know if the Marriott has a shuttle or not (I have never seen one out on the streets that I can recall). Yes, PCL does sail from Terminal 30.

Actually, you will come right down the elevator from inside the market to the waterfront level of the parking garage, then have about a four block walk back north to the Marriott. I have never had any problems with that area after dark. Just keep your eyes and ears open--being vigilant to your surroundings, and ignore any panhandlers (just walk right on by and ignore them), and you should be fine.

There are lots of interesting shops and restaurants on the waterfront, along with the harbor tours, the Water Taxi to West Seattle, and more.

Thanks Karen. The 4 block walk North to Marriott. are there restaurants , etc. in this space? Or, how close are the restaurants to the Marriott? I beleive Aquarium is at Pier 60 and Marriott is at 66. How long to walk that distance?

Thanks again!

Archived