Carnival Destiny transport

hotmonia

Hi everyone,

I am going on a cruise on the Carnival Destiny next month and had a question regarding taking a taxi from the airport to the ship... Has anyone done that, if so, how much did it cost?
The transfer from Carnival is $30 both ways, but I was thinking a cab might be more convenient.

Thanks,
M.

[quote name='hotmonia']Hi everyone,

I am going on a cruise on the Carnival Destiny next month and had a question regarding taking a taxi from the airport to the ship... Has anyone done that, if so, how much did it cost?
The transfer from Carnival is $30 both ways, but I was thinking a cab might be more convenient.

Thanks,
M.[/QUOTE][b][color=black]hotmonia[/color][/b]

[color=black]Here is a zone chart for taxis in San Juan[/color]
[url="http://www.puertoricowow.com/html/taxis.asp"][color=black]http://www.puertoricowow.com/html/taxis.asp[/color][/url]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][color=black][b]Rates & zones: [/b][/color][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]Zone 1[/color][/size][/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]LMM Airport / Isla Verde [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]$ 9[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]Zone 2 [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]LMM Airport / Condado / Miramar [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]$13-$16[/color][/size][/font]

[b][i][u][size=3][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][color=black]Zone 3 [/color][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][color=black]LMM Airport / Piers in Old San Juan [/color][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][color=black]$17[/color][/font][/size][/u][/i][/b]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]Zone 4 [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]OSJ Piers / Old San Juan [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]$ 6[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]Zone 5 [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]OSJ Piers / Puerta de Tierra [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]$ 6[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]Zone 6 [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]OSJ Piers / Condado / Miramar [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]$10[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]Zone 7 [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]OSJ Piers / Isla Verde [/color][/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Univers,Zurich BT,sans-serif][size=-1][color=black]$16[/color][/size][/font]

[color=black]When are you sailing on Destiny?[/color]

The previous post certainly has the most current information. I remember from last summer it was about $25 plus tip each way so it looks like Carnival's shuttle is the least expensive way. If you are getting to town well in advance of Destiny's departure, I'd go directly to the ship, get checked in and then take a cab back to the "Old Town" for some sightseeing. It is pretty and there is some good shopping.

Have fun and toast a sunset for me.

[quote name='pirateover40']so it looks like Carnival's shuttle is the least expensive way. [/QUOTE]

I was there last month and it is $16 from the Airport to the pier per cab!!!The shuttle is per person.There is a small per bag charge for the cab but for a couple, $32 round trip plus a few dollars for bags is greatly cheaper and you do not have to wait until the bus is full.
Steve

Archived