Plaza 500 Hotel?

There is a, 'Vancouver institution', called the White Spot. It is a local restaurant chain that first opened in 1929. The food is great and interesting. I grew up on White Spot burgers with 'triple O sauce', and Chicken Pic'ns... the first is still there in many configurations....the second is long gone. It is a walk across the street from the hotel...but....don't step in the hole!!!

Someone mentioned Cactus Club....another great restaurant on Broadway about five blocks from the hotel...I agree that it is better than Earl's up the street.

There are also a whole whack of various ethnic restaurants along Broadway that are worth taking a look at.

IMO, the best dining choice is "Banana Leaf" on Broadway. Great Malay cuisine.

• 4 months later...

All,

We're scheduled to stay at the Plaza 500 (yes, a Priceline special) on September 5th. I have never seen hotel reviews across the board like this one. This is the first night of our vacation and I'd really hate for it to start off on the wrong foot. We're pretty laid back and it's just the the one night before we get on the ship.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Renee

• 1 month later...

For those of you who have concerns about the Plaza 500, I got my room on Priceline before reading the horror stories. My room was terrific! There still was some construction on the road, but being there on Saturday night, that wasn't a problem. The room was spacious and clean and the view from the balcony overlooking the mountains and the city lights was terrific.

I specifically asked for a room with a balcony and had the choice of either the 3rd floor or the 6th floor. I chose the 6th floor and I was delighted.

For those of you who have concerns about the Plaza 500, I got my room on Priceline before reading the horror stories. My room was terrific! There still was some construction on the road, but being there on Saturday night, that wasn't a problem. The room was spacious and clean and the view from the balcony overlooking the mountains and the city lights was terrific.

I specifically asked for a room with a balcony and had the choice of either the 3rd floor or the 6th floor. I chose the 6th floor and I was delighted.

Always happy when things go well for people and they come back and tell us about it. Thank you.:D

Glad everything worked out for you at the Plaza 500 - the construction is about 2 months from being finished there but it is a lot better now than a year ago.

Where did you eat - at the mall, White Spot, in the hotel or somewhere else.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived