Godfrey Limo or Safari

kelelmel

Which would you recommend, Limo or Safari? Is the Safari comfortable and air conditioned? I don't particularly care but my SO hates the heat, loves the caribbean. Imagine that! The limo seems overboard.

What can I expect on the tour? Tour of the island and snorkeling at a beach of my choice? How long does the complete tour last?

I would like to book ASAP, as I am running out of time, hope I am not too late already. My cruise is 11/6/04. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Kelly

Hello,

A safari is an open air bus... really its a truck with a converted back. The truck bed is converted with a covering and benches but is open air. You will likely not be alone in the safari as most can hold about 15-20 people, unless you are doing a private tour. You can expect a driving tour of the island, and being dropped off at a beach of your choice of the beach options given to you to choose from.

--Islander

We are taking a Godfrey Tour and are being picked up at 9am at the ship to shop until noon, tour until 2, then do the beach thing after that. Then he'll take us back to the ship. There are other posts that have more detail, but that's it in a nutshell. He'll pick you up at 9, 10, or 11, we just happened to pick 9 so we can shop longer.

Thanks for the information. Godfrey responded to an email I sent him stating that he locks everything up in the front of his truck.

You are right that St. Maarten is better shopping. I was on Explorer of the Seas last October. In St. Maarten in the flea market there was a bag with matching pareo, ponytail holder and make-up bag all with the same design material for $10. I wanted to buy 4 of them for my sisters and me but didn't.

Don't know why.

I decided to look for them in St. Thomas. They were selling for $20-25. The best I could negotiate down to was $18. When I told them about the price in St. Maarten I was told the items are made in St.Maarten and they have to buy them at the same price I would have bought them.

Needless to say, when in St. Maarten in 3 weeks, I will be buying most if not all my items there.

Liquor was also better priced in St. Maarten.

Archived