need for transportation Phila to bayonne, nj

sharmorr

Thanks for the replies. I do not want to drive a car. Re Amtrak (30th St?) - where do you go, Phila to where? Once in NJ do you take a cab to the port? How far is the port from where the train station? Thanks again.

Yes, 30th street. You have two choices either the newark airport or the one downtown. The airport is closer to the ship, but I was told it was harder to get a taxi as you have to walk from the station to the airport. So I went to the one downtown. It then cost me $50 to get to the cruise terminal.

If you want to see where the port is in relation to its surroundings, use their website to get driving directions (even though you are not driving) and use the scroll bar to zoom-in on the final end point. You'll see that it is relatively close to Newark International Airport. To get there from 30th St. in Philadelphia you can take Amtrak for $48. Alternatively, you can take NJ Transit from Trenton for $9.25. If you need public transportation from Philadelphia, you can take SEPTA's R7 line from 30th St. station for $8. Of course, for either of these options, you will still need to take a taxi to the port.

Archived