Sandels Mobay or Sunset day pass$

randolph

Just returned 9/18 from the Caribbean Princess and while in Montego Bay we went to Sunset Beach. The ride from the dock was about 10 minutes and cost $2 per person each way. Just tell the taxi dispatcher as you exit the terminal building that you want to go there. We had 8 in our party and we all fit in one van. We paid $20 per person for an all day pass which entitled you to food, drinks, lounge chairs, towels, pools and beach. The beach had a lot of debris from the hurricane so we chose to use the pool instead. It had a swim up bar and was very big. I know they had said on earlier messages that you could use floats and kayaks but I think because of the recent storms that things were not what they usually were. We had a great time, the people were as nice as could be and we wasted no time commuting. Have fun!

I used Sunset Beach as well on my 9/5-9/12 Conquest sailing. The taxi was $2pp, and the $20 included the use of three pools, the beach areas, and all of the food and drinks you wanted. The drinks were pretty good, but the cups were small so I suggest bringing an isolated mug of some sort and then you won't have to get up and go back to the bar every 5 minutes (assuming you drink, if not don't worry about it). The swim up bar was really neat but the pool on the other side of the grill was a lot quieter and more relaxing while sunbathing. My boyfriend and I also received the couples massage in the Spa. It was $140 cheaper then the ship was offering if for and it was wonderful. It was my boyfriend's first massage and he loved it! There was beach volleyball, kayaks, paddle boats, and snorkel equipment available as well, which is included in the $20. Not sure about now, since I don't know how much damage Ivan did. Let me know if you have any questions! Happy Cruising!

My folks actually stayed a week at Sandals Montego. We really like the Sandals/Beaches resorts and plan on going for the day when we dock in Montego Bay. It is a short taxi ride away and once there you will be pampered. Everything is included - food, drinks, water toys. activites etc. No tipping is allowed which is nice as you don't have those hands stuck out. Eveyone is friendly and really helpful and wants to ensure you have a great time while you are there. I have not checked out the price for a day pass but a quick call to Sandals will fix you up. let me know if you have any questions.

kimberly

At their website, www.sunsetbeachresort.com, it says the whole resort is an "all inclusive" and tipping is not required. Also, they provide beach towels for everyone so you won't need to bring a beach towel. Plus this resort is closed off to the general public so you won't see pushy vendors trying to get you to buy stuff. Though I've heard they have some pretty nice shops in the resort.:) If you have more questions, you can always call their toll free number at 1-800-261-5013 and just ask away.

Archived