First timers need help in kids choice

erikmissy

Hello, we are planing our first cruise ever! We are looking at Sovereign of the Seas in mid Sept., but have some questions.

Is Sept a bad month due to storms/hurricanes?

We are also concerned that there will not be a good kids program since most are in school at that time. Our daughter will be 9 and doesn't play video games. She likes arts/crafts, water and is highly active/adventures

Any help/recommendations of other ships, and tips are appreciated! We have looked at Disney but they are so much more.

Thanks,:)

1st time on a cruise but widely traveled on land.

The only difference in the kids' program in September is the number of children in it. They typically do lots of arts and crafts and play board games. When there are fewer children, they sometimes get to do things that the larger groups can't.

As for weather, no one knows what it will be. They (natl weather peeps)predicted a larger than average number of hurricanes for last year, and we had less.

You may want to look at a newer/larger ship that has more activities on board for DD. The larger RCCL ships have rock climbing, surfing, roller blading, ice skating, miniature golf, etc.

Hey,

I see you are from Georgia too. We cruised last Sept(mid) we have a school break. We went on The Mariner of the Seas. The weather was wonderful. You could not ask for anything better. As for kids on board, many were from Georgia and were on their break as well. We chose the Mariner for my older kids(12 and 14). My 8 yr old daughter had a great time also. We are planning on another cruise for this Sept break. We are looking to leave from Tampa. Either on the Legend or the Inspiration, both Carnival. I have been on the roll call for both of these cruises and there are already families on it from Georgia cruising that week. I looked at these ships for the Fun factor. The Inspiration has a new water park area and mini golf and The Legend has mini golf and a water slide. One is a 5 day and the other is a 7 day. You may want to look at either of these. The price is right.

We went on the Majesty of the Seas last September, and it was great! There weren't many kids in the kids program, but they still did all the regular stuff, I think. They did lump a couple of age groups together which my 11yo son didn't appreciate since he was then in the same group as his 9yo sister.:rolleyes: You always take a chance on the weather, especially that time of year. Just be flexible in case the ports of call change.

Since you are considering Sovereign, and are from GA, I assume you are looking for a ship that leaves from a port you can drive to. Sensation also leaves from Port Canaveral with equal length cruises, and larger cabins. Fascination comes to Jacksonville in Sept, not sure how early, though. She would be another great choice. EM

Hello, we are planing our first cruise ever! We are looking at Sovereign of the Seas in mid Sept., but have some questions.

Is Sept a bad month due to storms/hurricanes?

We are also concerned that there will not be a good kids program since most are in school at that time. Our daughter will be 9 and doesn't play video games. She likes arts/crafts, water and is highly active/adventures

Any help/recommendations of other ships, and tips are appreciated! We have looked at Disney but they are so much more.

Thanks,:)

1st time on a cruise but widely traveled on land.

I hope this help you decide. Here is a list of all the kids programs (including activities) by cruise line.

Thanks to everyone for their input. We are now on board for Carnival Inspiration leaving out of Tampa!!:D Turns out that a coworker was already on that ship and has sailed it before!

I think you made a good choice. I know there will be plenty of kids from GA on board. We may be as well.:) I have a daughter who will be 9 in July. Maybe we will see you on board.

Archived