Forced Overnight/Hotel Not in Personalizer Yet

jt58203

I'll be on the CB on March 2. Have a forced overnight in Ft. Lauderdale. This does show up in the cruise personalizer. It says the name of the hotel may not show until 30 days prior. It's only 18 days prior and it's not listed. It does list the Forced Overnight online and in the travel summary. It said to find the princess rep after we claim our bags, etc. Should I be concerned?

what do you mean by a "forced" overnight?

Maybe someone else can better explain this as this is all new to me and will be the first time cruising as well. I did not book a pre-cruise hotel, but probably cause of our flights/connections/etc. we cannot make it to the ship on time before it leaves port. Therefore, Princess will provide us with transfers from the airport to the hotel, the hotel room, and transfers from the hotel to the ship.

We have always had to pay for a "forced" overnight, a/k/a an operational overnight. Of course these trips were in Asia with an immense time change. Have you gotten your final docs yet? Everything should be explained to you when you receive your packet.

Pia

Forced overnite-Very rare anymore with Princess, but they do occur. They are usually when Princess can not find a way to bring you into port, or home from your cruise, on a flight leaving the day of arrival/departure, when booking airfare through Princess. When this occurs, there are times that Princess picks up the tab for an overnite stay. But anymore, I have heard of more forced overnites that are the responsibility of the passenger to make the arrangements over Princess making them.

Maybe someone else can better explain this as this is all new to me and will be the first time cruising as well. I did not book a pre-cruise hotel, but probably cause of our flights/connections/etc. we cannot make it to the ship on time before it leaves port. Therefore, Princess will provide us with transfers from the airport to the hotel, the hotel room, and transfers from the hotel to the ship.

You are flying to FLL from North Dakota on March 2nd.

It's still winter in the Plains.

The only way that you can get to FLL, is by flying in the day before.

So, the over night stay is a convience stay; rather than a "forced" stay.

This will ensure that you can get to the Ship.

Usually, the convenience stays are the passengers responsibility.

Princess made the Reservations for you and will provide transfers.

Look for the Princess Rep in Baggage Claim.

Are you sure this forced overnite is paid for by Princess? I have read where some are and some are the passengers responsibility?

Yes--confirmed by TA in September (I have an email message from her). Makes a person wonder as it does not say "zero" in the personalizer. Same as shore excursions, has them listed but no price. I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to enjoy my first cruise!!! I'll try to report on this when I return. I've been searching the boards for an answer the past 5 1/2 months.

I am flying in on March 1. It is a Forced Overnight, says so in the CP. Here's what it says:

Forced Overnight In Fll [Mar 01, 2008

Passenger:

xxxx

xxxx

Package Includes:

Transfers:

Between airport/hotel and hotel/pier.

Provides:

Lodging, room tax and baggage handling

at the hotel.

Arrival in Fort Lauderdale or Miami:

After claiming your bags at baggage claim, look for a Princess

representative to arrange your transfer to the hotel.

Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Should you arrive prior to this time,

every effort will be made to accommodate you.

Information:

You will receive a welcome letter upon check-in with information about your

transfer to the ship. Princess Cruises' Fort Lauderdale office number is

954-525-8520.

Check-out:

Please remember to settle your account for any incidental charges not

covered by Princess Cruises prior to checking out of the hotel.

**Specific hotel property information may not be available until

approximately 30 days prior to sailing ***[/left]

Yes--confirmed by TA in September (I have an email message from her). Makes a person wonder as it does not say "zero" in the personalizer. Same as shore excursions, has them listed but no price. I'm not going to worry about it. I'm going to enjoy my first cruise!!! I'll try to report on this when I return. I've been searching the boards for an answer the past 5 1/2 months.

If you want to put your mind at ease, make a quick call to your TA and have her call Princess. This will verify your overnite is taken care of and she will probably be able to get the name of the hotel for you then. This close to your sailing, all the info should be there for the asking. Make the call, then you won't have anything to boggle your mind before your first cruise. I know you will have a wonderful time and while you are waiting those last few days, worrys come into play a little bit. This is one way to get them out of the way and double check to ease your mind. Most of us have found that double checking things like this that you can't find an answer to is better done ahead of time to avoid any suprises.

I hope your first cruise is all you expect it to be, I am sure it will be.

We also have a forced overnight in Ft Lauderdale. We can not fly from Saskatchewan to Ft Lauderdale the same day and arrive in time to board the ship. The hotel is paid for by Princess.

Our personalizer also stated the hotel would not be available until 30 days out. Our TA called Princess and got the information for us.

I am flying in on March 1. It is a Forced Overnight, says so in the CP. Here's what it says:

Forced Overnight In Fll [Mar 01, 2008

Passenger:

xxxx

xxxx

Package Includes:

Transfers:

Between airport/hotel and hotel/pier.

Provides:

Lodging, room tax and baggage handling

at the hotel.

Arrival in Fort Lauderdale or Miami:

After claiming your bags at baggage claim, look for a Princess

representative to arrange your transfer to the hotel.

Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Should you arrive prior to this time,

every effort will be made to accommodate you.

Information:

You will receive a welcome letter upon check-in with information about your

transfer to the ship. Princess Cruises' Fort Lauderdale office number is

954-525-8520.

Check-out:

Please remember to settle your account for any incidental charges not

covered by Princess Cruises prior to checking out of the hotel.

**Specific hotel property information may not be available until

approximately 30 days prior to sailing ***[/left]

And there it is; in print. You have your info, other than the exact hotel. Stop worrying and start packing. :) Everything will be fine.

Pia

Have your TA call Princess and ask what hotel you will be staying at. I'm sure this information is available for you at this time.

You are paying for the hotel and the price has just been added into your cruise fare total (forced overnight showed up on our Princess invoice as part of packages ) thus you will not have to pay when you check out of the hotel.

Have a great cruise.:D

Archived