Do Men Ever Sail On Olivia???

JeffCoud

Ok, maybe that's a weird question, but I'm cool with lesbians etc, and they have this 4 day caribbean cruise with Wynnona as a entertainer! Wouldn't that be cool to see her sing? Who knew she was a lesbian :) (ok, maybe that's a big assumption on my part). In any case, do men ever sail Olivia? Should I take a woman friend along??

Jeff

Ok, maybe that's a weird question, but I'm cool with lesbians etc, and they have this 4 day caribbean cruise with Wynnona as a entertainer! Wouldn't that be cool to see her sing? Who knew she was a lesbian :) (ok, maybe that's a big assumption on my part). In any case, do men ever sail Olivia? Should I take a woman friend along??

I dealt with Olivia’s management for a GLBT community center fundraiser a few years back and the impression that I got from them was they preferred to keep their excursions exclusively female. There was some concern that a male could have won the cruise they offered for Silent Auction. That was, however a few year ago, and things might have changed since then…

Hey guys.. yeah Olivia is so not any men on the cruises... which is why I (a lesbian) will NOT patronize them in anyway shape or form...

They responded to my request to bring my male gay friends along with extremely cold shoulders.. I hate that "womyn separatist crap"...

sorry to burst the bubble..but discrimination is alive and well on Olivia..

I have no real strong views except "evolution"

Things take time: I am not harmed that much that my wife and I can not cruise with our Lesbian Family of this cruise line but accept it for now.

The truth is that a woman can have real fears, and we accept that. They will just not go on Celebrity or RCI and whatever we cruise on.

I post sone messages here and guess what everyone who reads the CC messages can see I am either Gay or one who "supports them".

Trouble is that in say another ten years my group will be to old to cruise and have fun. Just a guy who closed down the "wine or cahampange bar" on RCI

a few times and was the only male; well we all had fun.

Family is important. Lady, your Gay male buddies are Brothers. You seem to love them. I agree but just wish that not "us" but society would advace above what we all face.

We all hope for understanding but reality is measured in truth.

I will die and never dance with a family member on a cruise because of what exists, but we always insure that on any cruise we are known to those that are also family.

Joe and Milli

Ok, I spelled the bubby drink wrong!

''

Vaya Con Dios

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jeff,

At this time Olivia does not have any cruises that aren't all women but I think they may have done one in the past and I think they are doing one in 2005; please check with them.

I think I must disagree with other posters that are against Olivia for having all women cruises. I think they are needed and wanted by the lesbian cruises as I think that a lot of women aren't into partying the way the men do and want time to just be with women. There are a lot of gay travel companies that DO have mixed cruises so if the men and women want to travel together they do have the option. There are enough companies out there that have give the options of men only, women only, and mixed so I think everyone should be happy. There are actually more men only cruises then women so I think it would be nice if someone challenged Olivia....maybe the prices would come down.

Jeff....you could also go on a non-gay cruise with your female friends. My partner and I are traveling on a Princess cruise to Alaska on May 28th and hope some other gays (men and women) will be on the ship. It would be nice to meet and travel with other gays.

• 4 weeks later...

It's interesting to note that while Atlantis and RSVP both allow women on board, the female cruisers only make up 5-10% of the group. I'm kind of surprised to learn that Olivia doesn't allow men at all - if they did, I suspect it would only be 5-10% of the group, too.

What Men-only cruises are there? RSVP & Atlantis are mixed, Pied Piper is only small groups on straight cruises (and also welcomes women). Aside from the occasional single-event charter (which are quite rare) - I know of no men-only cruises, yet Olivia is strictly women-only. I've even heard of events they've had when they demanded that all of the male employees of the resort/ship leave or stay out of sight...

Archived