Suite Perks on Liberty?

teresapink

The balcony was large and quite deep, the hump was only a minor obstruction, didn't affect our view. A good thing about the room location is it is very close to the concierge lounge and we were able to bring our evening cocktails back to the balcony, even though, strictly speaking your not allowed to remove drinks from the lounge. We always returned our empty glasses and in return the concierge staff took a liberal view of the rules.

One thing that you may want to do is ask the concierge when she emails you to book any speciality restaurants. We did not book ahead thinking it would not be a problem but unfortunately every night was booked by the time the concierge lounge opened at 5pm on the first day.

Thanks for the info. My girls and dh don't want to do the alternatives this time anyway so that won't be a problem. We did find that out on Brilliance though. We were very glad we had booked ahead. So many people say they were able to walk right in but we have never found that to be true. We had 1320 on Mariner and the cabin was huge! The shape of 1650 looked like it was quite a bit smaller than 1340 which is mid hump starboard side so I was a little concerned since we are putting 4 of us in there. Are you totally spoiled by the OS now? 1320 was our favorite cabin ever so we are excited about being in another OS. Thanks again, Deb

Thanks for the info. My girls and dh don't want to do the alternatives this time anyway so that won't be a problem. We did find that out on Brilliance though. We were very glad we had booked ahead. So many people say they were able to walk right in but we have never found that to be true. We had 1320 on Mariner and the cabin was huge! The shape of 1650 looked like it was quite a bit smaller than 1340 which is mid hump starboard side so I was a little concerned since we are putting 4 of us in there. Are you totally spoiled by the OS now? 1320 was our favorite cabin ever so we are excited about being in another OS. Thanks again, Deb

Hello from Sarasota! do we know each other? Have a great time on Liberty!

Teresa, I think you will love the GS, a wonderful cabin. I think because your teens are in a d1 that they won't be allowed in the CL though. You might not have a problem in the morning when it is just coffee and continental breakfast type stuff though because the concierge usually isn't in there then nor is anyone else really. We have been almost alone most mornings when we grab our first cappuccino of the day and a croissant for the balcony! Enjoy!

Deb-

Isn't it funny-if I had crammed the kids in the GS with me they could "legally" go in...but paying for the adjoining room keeps them out!

I don't think they care anyway...the only lounge they want to be in is the teen lounge!

thanks for the info...but really...I always order room service as a wake up call! Coffee, fruit and some sort of bread to absorb the alcohol from the night before!

cheers-

Teresa

Teresa, it is weird that they do that but they always say it would open it up to too many people because others would link their family members to their room! If you do nothing else, you should try the cappuccino machine in the CL, it is the BEST coffee on the ship. They also have fruit, pastry and breads w/ a toaster in there. Deb

I've learned here that there is a French Press & hot water to make coffee. Question - what kind of coffee is it? Does it come in a little packet? Anyone remember what kind of coffee? French roast, espresso etc.? Should I bring my own coffee? I am very familiar with the French Press and think it makes great coffee - if you have good coffee to begin with? Anyone know?

Thanks for your help!

Karen

fleaflicker, the concierge is just the attendant in the suite lounge. He will help you with reservations, any problems you might have, will have the day's menus in the concierge lounge, will have dvd to take to your suite, have ice tickets AND serve you drinks at night.

Karen & Dennis, we haven't had the french press yet. This will be the first suite that has it BUT I know we won't use it. We LOVE the cappuccino machine in the CL. I am sure someone will be along to tell you just what kind of coffee it is. I am sure it will be Seattle's Best just don't know what strength! Deb

Archived