How LOUD is the dining room at dinner time?

Carnival Game

Keep in mind that there are actually 3 dining rooms and two dinner seatings, so there is no more than 1/6th of the ship in the same dining room as you are. Plus, if you are not traveling with children, Disney puts you in a rotation with less children. On the last cruise, there was a gentleman, and I am using that term loosely, at a table next to us who was much noisier than any of the children.

After 17 DCL cruises I have enver been bothered by kids and noise.

we are too busy chatting and sharing our experiences of the day to worry about noises. Always had great tablemates when we didnt have enough to fill up the table in our group too.

Just remember if noise from kids bothers you, then DCL may not be for you. This cruise is geared for families which means lots of kids, but there are also many quiet adult only areas to enjoy.

we have never had too much noise from the kids, they are always in the clubs or in the mickey pool.

mom x4,grandma x4

MomX4GrandmaX4:

I just wanted to say that I always appreciate reading your posts. You are so balanced, straightforward, forthcoming and positive. You are quite an asset to this discussion where to goal should be to support each other in the quest of joyful vacations and family interactions. Thanks for being there and I wish we were sailing with you!

MomX4GrandmaX4:

I just wanted to say that I always appreciate reading your posts. You are so balanced, straightforward, forthcoming and positive. You are quite an asset to this discussion where to goal should be to support each other in the quest of joyful vacations and family interactions. Thanks for being there and I wish we were sailing with you!

Thanks, I am blushing but happy to know someone has read what I wrote.

Who knows perhaps someday we will be on the same ship. I have 2 more booked but may have to change the date because we are moving cross country in about 3 weeks and starting new jobs and such. So you never know when or where we will decide to cruise.:confused:

we have done 4 cruises on the spur of the moment, booked them 2 weeks or less before the cruise. So someday we may just be on the same cruise:D I hope to cruise for many more years!! So we may just meet sometime, plus in about 5 years we plan on touring Canada, so we may see ya then.(I am assuming you are from Cananda by your name)

later,

mom x4,grandma x4

My wife and I aren't real big fans of "kid noise".

We were at the second dining and didn't notice anything that bothered us from children. We didn't see many frankly... as someone else said... we were in a "low kid" dining rotation.

The obnoxious couple from Baaahh-stin 2 tables over were louder than kids could ever be. I don't think it would be possible for them to have mention Boston... I mean Baaahh-stin... more times than they actually did.

The only time we ever noticed that the dining room was loud was in Animator's Palate, when a neighboring table all brought noisemaker/blowhorns to the table (you know the ones you use at New Year's that are bright colored and you blow through them and it sounds like a small airhorn). There were about 12 people at the table, and they were all blowing them constantly. Happily, they were asked by the Disney team to stop after other tables complained to their servers.

Archived