Diamond Princess A746

RS79

Has anyone had a balcony cabin in the back of the Aloha deck on Diamond Princess - next to the terrace pool? It seems like a good location, but I'm not sure if it is noisy, or if there is privacy on the balcony, given that it is right next to the Terrace Pool.

We had this cabin on Sapphire 2 years ago and would gladly book it again. The balcony is very private, and that back pool is usually pretty quiet. The balcony is deeper than your standard balcony, and I grabbed a lounger from the pool and stuck it out there. Loved being able to walk right outside and go up to the Horizon Court. Here is a pic

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k252/DanJ1969/A746view.jpg

I jumped at the chance to get this room last month on our 15 day Hawaiian cruise. It was very quiet with the exception of when they are putting out the lounge chairs in the morning. It tended to be my "wake up" call every morning!!

Also, I know a lot of people love the aft balconies, but I'm not sure I'd book one again. I felt kind of limited as to what I could see from the aft of the ship. Also at night in bed we would have the rocking motion head to toe instead of left to right like in the side cabins.

It's true that it is very convenient to the Horizon Court buffet but a long walk to everything else! On the plus side, we did so much walking I only gained two pounds!!

As I said, I'm probably in the minority with my feelings about the aft cabin. I am very glad I tried it once, and wouldn't completely rule it out in the future. I just wanted to give you some things to think about.

I was down the hall in A722 and loved that location. It was close but not too close to a lot of things. No noise from the Buffet at all.

Instead of ordering in from room service ran up to the buffet and brought back a plate and ate on the balcony.

I did notice that the door to the terrace tended to slam quite a bit that may be an issue.

We were in A751 last June to Alaska on the Diamond. Would book it again in a heartbeat! Was really quiet - - but not much pool use. Very convenient to Horizon Court for snack or breakfast on the balcony vs room service. But as previously noted - long distance to everything else, dining rooms, theaters, etc. - but we didn't mind the walk and exercise!

Allthough your visibility is limited to the back of the ship, I felt a calming sense of "isolation" or privacy, and exclusivity. Much quieter and less hustle and bustle. There is an exterior door to the Terrace Pool right outside the cabin (it's at the end of the hall) but we didn't notice any door slamming noises while we were in our cabin.

I'm guessing the environment would be a little different on a Carribean or Hawaii cruise....certainly more use of the Terrace Pool - I think I was the only one who used it on the Alaska cruise (and it was heated).

hope this helps.

Archived