Really!what Time Is Embarkation?

swimsimcoe

My Dad using a motorized scooter. Any time someone is using an assitance device, you have to speak directly to them to answer some queestions ie: if there is a fire, do they need assitance, etc. While speaking with them I asked if we should arrive earlier or later for boarding with the scooter. Was told that boarding begins at approximately noon but it totally depends on customs. Sometimes they are slow, sometimes they are fast. Exact boarding time is not up to the ship/cruise line, it's the US Government so take that for what it is worth. :)

Been reading alot of reviews for The Sun out of Miami and it seems that boarding has been starting pretty consistently between 11:30 and 12:00. In our 7 cruises out of Fort Lauderdale and Miami we haven't had one that has started boarding later than 12:00. Hope this helps.

i Know They Tell You To Come At Certain Time But Can You Really Embark At 11a.m Like All The Other Lines?

going On The Pearl On March 7.

thanks In Advance For Any Info.

Usually noon is the time for Latitude members. Not sure if you can get on at 11. The ship does not sail until 5PM.

I am also on the March 7th Pearl.

Join our roll call.

countdown.pl?name=Donnie, Jen and Maria&date=3-7-2008&image=Beach-8&text=Paradise awaits&ship=Norwegian Pearl

I understand that in Charleston they don't even open the gates until noon.

I have read that also. It opened before noon when I sailed the Majesty three years ago, but things may have changed.

I do think people line up outside the gates well before noon, and I remember a street where people's cars were cutting in line - I aim to be on that street next time!

Archived