I have the PROOF...SOS balcony on Deck 9

skyking

If it's not in a balcony cabin category, you probably won't be eligible for a balcony discount on it. But we'll see what they say . . . .

I booked this one and got the Diamond Discount too...........the C and A rep knew exactly what i was talking about(I was ready to argue the fact:p )

Been a few threads about this cabin lately......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=695594

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=701963

Thanks to all of you and the threads re: secret SOS balcony, we just booked 9528 for the last weekend cruise she will do from PC. The TA didn't know about it, had to search....got it for us and we paid for standard ocean view. ;)

Lynda

9528 does not have a balcony:( ..........

When they were putting balconies on the SS, they put one on deck 9 and one on deck 10........they wanted to see what worked better.......deck 10 won and only cabin 9028 has a balcony........

Anyone know if the Majesty has the same secret balcony cabin? Just a thought:cool:

Annie:)

No,because they put balconies on when they first build the MJ.........SS is the only ship that added balconies afterwards..

What makes that cabin special? Is there something structually different there (life boat is further out, etc.)? Was it added when the SOS was extended (designer joke)? Does SOS replacement MajOS have it also? And is there one on the port side too?

I'll definitly be asking the Captain some of these questions on my next cruise.

What makes that cabin special? Is there something structually different there (life boat is further out, etc.)? Was it added when the SOS was extended (designer joke)? Does SOS replacement MajOS have it also? And is there one on the port side too?

I'll definitly be asking the Captain some of these questions on my next cruise.

Because its listed as an ocean view. ;)

Wow, that's a pretty crazy looking balcony! I'd love to have it but at the same time it would be pretty freaky not having anyone on either side of you and just jutting out like that....like it could break off or something! :eek: :D

Laura

Do they have this cabin on the Majesty?

No. Majesty had balconies when she was built. 9028 was added to Sovereign when they were testing to see whether or not they would add balconies to Sovereign like Majesty and Monarch already had.

Oh man...I thought an earlier thread said that both 9528 and 9028 had balconies...what a bummer. Now I am pouting, but not to worry we'll still have a great time!;)

Somebody did say that in the other thread,but it turned out to be false...sorry..

Somebody did say that in the other thread,but it turned out to be false...sorry..

I think we all were guessing that if 9028 has one then 9528 has one two. One poster mentioned that a stateroom attendant said that there are two balconies on Deck 9.

But the people who were supposed to check for us disappeared. :(

I think we all were guessing that if 9028 has one then 9528 has one two. One poster mentioned that a stateroom attendant said that there are two balconies on Deck 9.

But the people who were supposed to check for us disappeared. :(

[quote name='FL_Cruiser64']

But the people who were supposed to check for us disappeared. :([/quote]
Sad but true..:( :( .........

For the record, when I called,I was told there was only one balcony cabin on deck 9,blah,blah,blah............

I think we all know the story by now.....

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE ONE BIG THREAD????????:p :p

Archived