Off to visit New England

spleen93

OK guys ... the day that I've been waiting for for the last 6-9 months is finally here! We're leaving on a jet plane, don't know when we'll be back again (lie - we'll be back in a week and 3/4). Hang out in NYC for a couple of days and then cruise up the New England coast to Montreal. We've got people to meet, places to see, and food to eat! Y'all (that's for you, Devonne) stay safe and I'll talk to you guys again when we get back. (or maybe sooner? Who knows if I'll have internet access or not?)

Spleen

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

SPLEEN,

If you haven/t left yet. We live in the Boston area, are you stopping here? If we can we'd love to meet with you, and show you Boston.

Have a wonderful time New England is something special and don't forget to eat some Maine lobster

Fondly,

Cyndee and Bob

Have a great trip. But why would anyone want to leave Hawaii?

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess, back-to-back

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

'04 Hawaii, 2 weeks on land

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

Have a great time!! If you haven't left you might want to pack a light rain coat. We have had some pretty lousy weather lately.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;1;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

until hawaii honeymoon cruise!!

Hey Sassy, what's wrong with us drivers???? Ha ha!

Cyndee, I am a Boston transplant. I grew up in Dedham and lived in New England for 30 years.

10X - Why would anyone want to leave Hawaii? Because the excitement of travel is to see something new...when you live here, things become as normal as anything else. I lived in Boston almost my whole life, then we moved to Japan and that was exciting until it all became normal, and now here in Hawaii.

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

Have a wonderful time Spleen!! I'm jealous!! and late cause I know you're already gone, but hope you are having fun.

Aloha,

Emi

NCL Star-08/31/03 in Hawaii!

NCL Star-11/13/04 to Mexico!

Alaska summer 2005!

Thanks guys ... just a quick note to say thanks for all the good wishes. I have Internet access at the hotel we're staying precruise but haven't decided if we're going to be paying for net access on the ship. I'll be sure to have some lobster thinking of you guys. icon_biggrin.gif

Spleen

time98.gif</a>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Spleen

I'm so glad you're having wonderful weather. Sorry we couldn't hook up. I didn't get out until 6:15 PM Thursday night, but out thoughts were with you. Can't wait to here how your trip was. and about your chowder?????

Cyndee and Bob

Hey we're back! Had a fantastic time - chowder was good, Freedom Trail was awesome. Had a great time in Bar Harbor as well - had some very nice lobstah rolls. But overall, our favorite port was Quebec - gorgeous city. icon_smile.gif

Spleen

time98.gif</a>

Thanks guys! Really couldn't have asked for better weather. Absolutely gorgeous. We went to the Chowdah House as you recommended, Suebee. icon_smile.gif

Spleen

time98.gif</a>

Spleen, which one:

Union Bay Oyster House or

Boston Chowda Company?

I cant back up Union Bay's Chowder since I usually had the steamers there. I understand its a little on the watery side? I like it thick and creamy.

NCL Star 1/04

Hey Spleen,

I am glad you enjoyed you trip! Maybe you could give this Canadian girl some tips on Quebec! JK That should be my next land trip, to see the family's homeland!

It must have been beautiful with all the blossoms anywhere on the coast...being on a great ship doesn't hurt either!

Cheers,

Michelle!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Aloha Vision of the Seas!

It was a lot of fun - if some of you don't live on the east coast (or even if you do), you might want to consider this itinerary at some point. Quebec is gorgeous - my favorite port of all the ports we went to. Makes me think of a small town in France, even though I've never been there myself. :)

Suebee - it was the Boston Chowda Company in Quincy Marketplace. That's a great foodmart, BTW.

Spleen

Glad to hear that the vacation was a success....yep, FHM is a great place to visit. Like I said, even the locals hang out there. I am glad the Freedom Trail was a hit for you too....I still have yet to do the whole thing...but I think I probably have done pieces of it enough to make up the whole loop....what was your favorite part of the trail?

Archived