Cruise virgin

Dezza

Am booked on Arcadia for a maiden cruise, "slipping anchor" next week. Have got a room at the blunty end of boat, on left hand side looking towards the sharp end. Will the throbbing of the engines keep me awake at night?.

Will mid-night revellers in pool keep me awake ?.

How do the beds compare with the Pride of Bilbao ?.

Will there be any Stag Party's on the boat ?.

All information welcome, Dezza.

Am booked on Arcadia for a maiden cruise, "slipping anchor" next week. Have got a room at the blunty end of boat, on left hand side looking towards the sharp end. Will the throbbing of the engines keep me awake at night?.

No send you to sleep

Will mid-night revellers in pool keep me awake ?.

No

How do the beds compare with the Pride of Bilbao ?.

Bigger

Will there be any Stag Party's on the boat ?.

Very unlikely - Not many 2 week stag parties around

All information welcome, Dezza.

Hi Dezza,

Hope that helps

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Agree no stag parties - too expensive I would think!!

You may have some wedding parties on board - infact you willl have! bUT I'm sure they will behave.

Have you seen my Arcadia photo album?

Sue

I'll be onboard in 11 weeks

look after her for me:p

We were a party of 6. We had cabins on A-deck and on 2-3 nights we got a letter from the Entertainment Director warning us of a late night party on the Aquarius Bar.

We never heard a thing.

To be honest, on one night when we went there it was too cold to stay out too long - in the Caribbean!

Where we were disturbed was the air conditioning in the cabin. I couldn't hear it but my wife could. At 2am on the first night we had an engineer who designed and fitted a sound baffle inside the air vent. That stopped the howl and we were OK for the next fortnight.

There are no cabin air con controls - you get what you are given. The balcony doors are hinged and normally spring loaded shut. If someone has wedgeed their door open this may cause all the adjacent air conds to ramp up.

If you do want (during the day) to have your balcony door open take some strong bungee cords. We wedged a couple of thick paperback books in the door jamb. The springs are so strong (or they were in 2005) that you can trap your fingers or spill your G&T as you try to get through the door.

Archived