Aurora Review

Neilius

Hi Neilius,

Thanks for the review. It is good to get a new perspective. Now you know the 'Hell' we have to go through when we cruise.:D

I think you may get to see Arcadia next year. Ventura, which comes on stream in April is causing a great deal of interest with P&O saying bookings are well up.

Aurora was our first ship and so is special for us, although we have become totally addicted and love all the P&O ships.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

• 3 weeks later...

I got off the Aurora in Auckland.

I too thought she was a beautiful ship. The layout was similar but better than the Oriana. The bars were not so good as Oriana - especially Andersons. Preferred the restaurants to Orianas though -Cafe Bordeaux was really nice.

I was with my husband and another couple and we all thought that the food on this particular cruise was the worst we've had out of all 7 cruises with P&O. Lamb and pork seemed to feature a lot and it really wasn't the most tender to eat. We got off in NZ and toured NZ and Australia just getting home the other day and I keep thinking that the world cruisers are still on the ship - eating,drinking...Phew! Exhausting for them!

The entertainment wasn't great either. We were on for 16 nights. I suppose if we had just been on for a few nights we would have had a different opinion.

Overall cruise enjoyment 6/10 but I would go on Aurora again.

Caryl

Archived