DiSCOVER MEXICO attraction/Chankanaab

luv2cruise123

We are staying at the Wyndham resort in Cozumel and went to the "new" (it's been there over a year, but looks brand new to me) "DISCOVER MEXICO attraction. We ended up getting a discount since we had our own transportation, but booked a combo pkg for Chank park and the DISCOVER MEXICO deal.

It was an "educational" type attraction I guess you'd say. Started with a 10 minute video presentation on 4 screens. then a tour through some very intersting and beautiful displays of various Mexican artisans' works.

Then an outside tour of the main ruins, etc, found throughout Mexico built on small scale. It gave a great "overview" and history of the ruins and history of Mexico.

IF you have been there/here and done that already, this might be of interest to you. It takes about an hour and half. we went early afternoon and were the ONLY people there at that time. Our guide said the cruise excursions had already come and gone for the day thoughl. He said they are offerring it with either the Chank park combo pkg Or WITH DOWNTOWN SHOPPING TOUR.

Just a FYI, we enjoyed it and I am glad we went, but it's not something I'd do again. Anyone that is interested in the history of Mexico and background on the ruins and early civilizations/Spanish take over, etc. would enjoy it.

As I said, a just FYI.

I can't even remember the cost now, but the combo pkg is discussed/advertised on either http://www.thisiscozumel.com OR http://www.cozumelinsider.com.

They will provide transportation to either the park or downtown after the tour.

Our arm bands are good for tomorrow so we will be going to the park tomorrow and check it out. I'd not been to it since post hurricane damage.

Debbie in MS

Archived