Where to buy calling card_use of Phone booth in Cayman or Cozumel

ms simba

I have been reading the threads concerning calling from the Grand Caymans or Cozumel using a calling card (purchased locally) and using a phone booth to make the call.

Where in Grand Cayman and Cozumel might I find a place to buy the calling card and where would I find a phone booth to use the card in these two ports?

(I do not have a cell phone only TracFone and they said it doesn't work outside the US. I will be going on Carnival Inspiration Dec 1)

You will find pay phones at every port. The crew uses these to call home. Check with your local phone company and see if you can get an INTERNATIONAL calling card from them. Or they should be able to tell you where you can get one. Make sure it will handle international calls though.

If your wanting to call home then find yourself an internet cafe. No cards to buy we paid 75cents a minute to call the kids and paid in cash for the time used. We asked at the guest services desk onboard where to find it. Easy and cheap.

Internet was about $3 for 20 min or so use- super fast and much cheaper than the ships internet, we were able to check all our mail and send a few pictures home.

Happy sailing!

Bev

There is no place to buy phone cards at the pier in cozumel. they tell you to go downtown. We have asked every time we've been there. In the Cayman's get off the ship, go to your left to the duty free store on the corner and there are phone cards and a phone right inside the building. Cards are $10

there are

Ask any of your wait staff where you can find the cards and quiet public phones. They will be happy to share their knowledge. They all have to use their shore leave time wisely and know the fastest and easiest ways to do things. We've found them to be full of great ideas like quieter beaches, unique restaurants etc.

Archived