Just to say Hi!

Lestel

I have been reading this forum for a few weeks and have made a couple of posts but thought it was time for a formal introduction!

DH & I are restricted through work to only being able to go away together at Xmas/New Year so it does limit our options as everything is so much dearer at that time. We were going to make a return trip to Thailand this year as we had such a fantastic time in 06/07 but have now decided to go on the Xmas cruise on the Pacific Sun as we can also take 2 of our sons for the same price as 2 of us would have been to Phuket. ( Not quite sure why I think it will be so great to share a cabin with DH and 2 sons - 14 & 20!)

I have been so pleased to discover this forum and have picked up so much information and advice from all the great posters. I love the reviews and the photo's that are published - thanks so much.

You may have noticed I have 2 cruises now on countdown - yes the bug got me and I haven't even gone yet!!! My Mum is turning 70 and I wanted to do something special for her so when I saw a special for the first leg of the Sun Princess Pacific Basin Cruise - Sydney to Auckland for $440.00 I booked it for us. It will be just Mum and I and then we will stay in Auckland for a few days as my DH's family all live there. Of course being July and going straight accross the Tasman it may not be best introduction to cruising but fingers crossed it's not too cold or too rough.

I'm already thinking of Xmas 09 but we won't mention that to DH!! ;)

Anyhow, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions over the next few months when my answer is not found on the search forum button!!

Thanks again - look forward to getting to know more of you in the next few months.

Lesley

x

Hi Lesley, I'm new also. I've found the members of this forum to be the best group I've ever come across on boards. All full of good advice, ideas and happy to share their knowledge. I hope to meet some of them one day in person when cruising.

Christine

Hi Lesley & Christine.

I'm a newbie too, and I agree this bunch are the greatest no matter what you want to know it's never too much trouble for them to answer.

It's so nice to feel welcome . I have found their friendliness makes it fun

to just read the threads, there is some serious topics as well as some good laughs. Makes it hard to go without my daily fix of cc.

Ionly found this forum a few weeks ago myself..and I am soooo glad that I did...I am loving it here and cant wait to meet the few people I have found going on the same cruise as me..and catching up with others on future cruises I hope to go on also... I have the bug too!!! (didnt help going to the travel expo today in brisbane).

Hi Guys,

welcome to the lot of you!!

Glad to know you all feel welcome. I was away over the Christmas/New year period cruising and when I came back there were all these names that I didn't know!! Felt like I was on another forum!!

Don't feel worried about asking all those "stupid" questions. The search button can be a pain to wade through, and we don't mind answering anything.

There are an awful lot of experienced cruisers here, and lots of people with 'insider' information.

For those of you in QLD and NSW, you have the CC Christmas parties to look forward to at the end of the year!

I will have to try and do something down here in Melbourne this year.:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising.

Archived