Has anyone ever worked with David Bourne?

teetea26

Hi, we're booked on the Golden Princess leaving Seattle on 7/19/08 for Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. In Ketchikan we've been talking with a person we found online named David Bourne from the company Ketchikan Adventure. He is a sort of tour "broker", Here is an exerpt from his website www.KetchikanAdventure.com:

"I represent over 20 of them in the fields of flightseeing, eco/adventure tours like the Alaska Canopy Adventures, sport fishing, boating and wildlife viewing. Last year alone, I sold at least 30 tours for 15 different companies in Ketchikan, over 1,800 in all. In the past five years I’ve sold over 7,000 people an adventure tour, most of those being flightseeing related. I’ve always tried to be as honest, informative and as helpful as I can be. In that time I’ve come to know and enjoy excellent working relations with every owner/operator in town. I know their resumes, equipment, tours and reputations. I’ve also taken most of their tours myself. Almost without exception, they are top notch aviators, honest and hard working. They genuinely care about the experience they give their customers and are knowledgeable about their subject matter. Having said that, I’ve noticed some differences in the companies and their tours. Some have more experience than others, some make better narrators, some joke around more than others, some tours are 1 hour and 15 minutes and some go 2 hours etc. How do you, the consumer, really know the difference? That’s where I come in. Having sold so many trips for so many different companies I’ve gotten feedback from customers about every company, not just one. And, having taken most of the tours myself, I can give you a comprehensive overview of all the trips available and help you pick the one that’s best for you and your family."

He seems really knowledgable and informative and according to the website the tours he books don't cost the customer anymore than if it was booked independently, it just cuts out alot of research to determine which tour is for you. I couldn't find any posts regarding him and I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of him or worked with him. This is our first trip to Alaska and before I do business with anyone I like to do my research if you know what I mean!!:)

Archived