Uvero Beach

Rasta Pirate

I've seen some BEAUTIFUL pictures of a place called "Uvero Beach" They all definitely look like a "Mexicanb" beach, but none state which port it is on.

Does anyone happen to know if UVERO BEACH is located in Costa Maya? and if so, where it is?

Thanks for any help

RP

Uvero is north of the area the ships doc. It's on the border of a 1 million acre nature preserve and the other side of the preserve has Tulum. If you take a ship excursion you are stuck out there but may be able to go into the nature preserve at your own risk.

Lisa in Houston

Thanks for the info Jack & Lisa. Am I understanding this correctly, that the "only" way to get to Uvero beach is by way of a ships shore excursion that litterally drops you off there for the entire day? If that's the case, I think I'll just plan on relaxing at the local saltwater pool near the pier, which will allow me a few more hours to explore the town, have lunch, etc.

Thanks again for the info. It's too bad there isn't some sort of public transportation, or vehicle available that would allow passengers to go there for a few hours. The beach looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Granted I was there two years ago, but we went to Uvero Beach the buses were scheduled to bring you back when you wanted to go. Every hour starting at noon.

Granted I was there two years ago, but we went to Uvero Beach the buses were scheduled to bring you back when you wanted to go. Every hour starting at noon.

I was just there in May and yes, there were buses leaving every hour starting at noon. RCCL charged $32.00 pp, which included transportation to and from the beach, unlimited drinks, and a few non-motorized water sports. Place is beautiful! A great place to kick back and relax! But, if you are not a big drinker, you may want to check out Majahaul, which also sounds nice, but is free! Of course you would have to buy your own drinks and it may be more crowded. Although some on these boards have said Uvero was crowded when they were there, it wasn't crowded at all when we were there. Very easy to find a beach chair and had shady spots under a palapya (sp?)

Archived