Tour - Heathrow to ship?

Grannycb

:confused: I’m looking for the best way to see London without going broke paying for a pre or post cruise hotel. We can get a British Air flight into Heathrow that will arrive 7:00 AM the day of the cruise. Are there any tour companies that will pick up from the airport, show us around London and deliver us to the ship for a reasonable fee? Are there other options that you can recommend? Remember, we will be traveling with suitcases. On the way home: We can get a flight that leaves Heathrow at 5:00 PM . We could do a ship tour or would something independent be better? TIA!

Such a transfer with tour en route will almost certainly require a private guide.

Harry Norman has been well-reviewed on this site, and his fees are quite competitive. Accordingly, his schedule is usually heavily pre-booked: http://www.cruising-america.com/londontours/ . [Tours & transfers advertised on and sold through eBay, UserName harrynorman44.]

I booked our transfer-with-tours (Heathrow --> hotel with London Panorama, hotel --> Southampton port via Winchester & Stonehenge) with British Tours:

http://www.britishtours.com/ .

For the way home, our cruise (Celebrity) has three or four tours that leave the ship in the morning, do London site-seeing, and back to Heathrow. Have you checked your cruise tours? It makes the tours reasonable (I think they were $120 each), when you take out the transfer cost (which is $85 each).

We're flying in the day before, and plan on dropping our luggage at our hotel, and doing our own siteseeing and taking a train the next day (double bonus, we get to see the area). I know in other places we have visited, there have been hotels that have allowed us to leave our luggage with theri bell service (we tip of course) and pick them up on the way out. Maybe you could do that, and then get a train to to your cruise.

:confused: I’m looking for the best way to see London without going broke paying for a pre or post cruise hotel. We can get a British Air flight into Heathrow that will arrive 7:00 AM the day of the cruise. Are there any tour companies that will pick up from the airport, show us around London and deliver us to the ship for a reasonable fee? Are there other options that you can recommend? Remember, we will be traveling with suitcases. On the way home: We can get a flight that leaves Heathrow at 5:00 PM . We could do a ship tour or would something independent be better? TIA!

As mentioned before Harry Norman is a good cost effective option.

For a couple he will charge 250-325 GBP for a 7-11 hour transfer/tour.

FCMBS operate larger vehicles with a driver guide, an 8 seater bus for the same costing 350-390 GBP.

There is crude map of distances/times between Southampton/London and places like Stonehenge, Windsor & Salisbury at the url below so you can see waht is realistic.

http://www.londontoolkit.com/tours/private_southampton_tour.htm

Archived