Help - POAm upsell AE to AB for $800 ea? Worth it?

BDL

Need help deciding..

Got an email a few minutes ago from NCL to upgrade from our AE to an AB for $800/person. Is it worth it? What extra benefits would we get other than the hot tub on the balcony?

Any advice would be appreciated.. would still need to talk to DH.

We'd say no. Other than the hottub and more space/bigger balcony, you get essentially the same perks in an AE as an AB. For us, that $1,600 could be far better spent in other ways.

I know the AB is larger and there is that nice hottub, but that's a very expensive hottub, IMO.

beachchick

We recently stayed in an AE cabin on the POAM, and it was very nice...full sized bathroom, separate closet/dressing area, cappuccino machine in the sitting area, comfortable bedding, and huge covered balcony (where we actually spent most of our waking hours when we were on board the ship.

The AB does include a separate walk-in shower, which is a nice feature, as well as a dining table in the cabin, which we would not have used (why dine in the cabin when you can be on your balcony). The balcony hot tub is the kind that needs to be filled before each use.

The AE includes all the suite perks, such as expanded room service menu, priority dining reservations and tendering...

I would probably take the upgrade if it were 800 total, but 800 per person seems a little steep when you are already starting out with a very nice cabin.

We were offered the same deal(AE-AB) for the 3/15/08 PofAM cruise. We turned it down twice( 900 pp then 500 pp), but they came back a month later with a great deal. I'm not going to brag about how much the final deal was , but it was good!!! There are 6 of us traveling together and I think this will afford us a bigger place to gather, plus the hot tub may get some use. The others are now 6 or 8 doors down in stead of next door. They will have to cope.

TOM:cool:

I'm sailing on april 5. I took an upgrade from AE to AA. I called NCL myself and found out what the lowest price was that they would take for a cat. AA room. I only had to pay another 400pp to get the upgrade. depending what you spent on your AE ( I paid 2800pp for my AE) they need to get atleast 3200pp for a cat. AA suite. Hope this helps. Also AA has more perks than the AB. Inludes 3 bottles of booze and all your mixers free!!!!!

Archived