First Cruise....please help

edmonton31

Hello,

We booked a cat 8A balcony on the Pride in March and we have been assigned a cat 11 #4235. This seems like a great upgrade but now we are reading that it's right beside the stairs so we are a little worried. Has anyone stayed in this room or know anyone who has? Any info and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much

The stairs next to your cabin are an exterior stairwell leading to the outside promenade on Atlantic deck. Those stairs are better described as your personal stairwell.

Like someone said on your other thread....You Guys Hit the Upgrade Lottery!:)

Enjoy!

You will be VERY happy with this cabin once you are aboard the ship. It's amazing how few people actually use the stairs on their vacation. For me it gives me a great excuse for ordering the chocolate melting cake every night for dessert. You will find your stateroom will not be affected much at all by the stairs.

Now onto locking it in. Call the person who booked your cruise and ask them to lock in your cabin. I can't imagine they would take away someone's upgrade, but if the "right" person came along who wanted that cabin, you may be out of luck. (I'm just guessing here.)

Have fun on your first cruise but be careful, you will go back home addicted like the rest of us.

Hello again! I just realized the original poster is from Edmonton. We just moved from there in July to Houston, TX. Congratulations on being able to cruise away from the frigid temps. I know last winter was brutal and this one seems to be the same way. (We lived in the Terwilliger area on the SW side of town.)

You will be VERY happy with this cabin once you are aboard the ship. It's amazing how few people actually use the stairs on their vacation. For me it gives me a great excuse for ordering the chocolate melting cake every night for dessert. You will find your stateroom will not be affected much at all by the stairs.

Now onto locking it in. Call the person who booked your cruise and ask them to lock in your cabin. I can't imagine they would take away someone's upgrade, but if the "right" person came along who wanted that cabin, you may be out of luck. (I'm just guessing here.)

Have fun on your first cruise but be careful, you will go back home addicted like the rest of us.

Yes, we are big stairs people as well so this sounds like the perfect spot for us. Thanks for the advice on the lock, I will contact my travel agent asap and ask about it. As if this site isn't the best!!

Hello again! I just realized the original poster is from Edmonton. We just moved from there in July to Houston, TX. Congratulations on being able to cruise away from the frigid temps. I know last winter was brutal and this one seems to be the same way. (We lived in the Terwilliger area on the SW side of town.)

Lucky You! Our winter started off fairly mild this year but as soon as january hit...BAM! We had a few weeks of minus 30 to minus 55 and worse with the windchill. It was nasty. Things have settled down in the last few days and we have a heat wave going on at plus 4 haha! Did you live in Edmonton long? Oh how we would love to live somewhere warm.

:) Sounds like a great upgrade, and although technically your cabin should change - you likely have almost a better chance at winning a lottery.

Enjoy your cruise!! We really enjoyed the Pride!

Payd:)

Archived