NCL Itinerary Change & TWE Cancels 2 hour Reception

pattycakes

That's been done. Received an email from customer service -- they are still towing the line that it has nothing to do with them. A response has been sent and we'll see if they do respond to the fact that the NY port times are no different now than they were when she booked with TWE and no different than in the book NCL published last year.

• 2 weeks later...

Pattycakes-Great job on the website. The website address is awesome since people searching for TWE's site will likely find yours instead/as well (I am sure this was no accident on your part!) I left a comment. :D

:) Thanks! I appreciate your support and your comment. That's why I had to move away from the board for a while. It was too hard not to scream out "but I'm punking you and you're still doing it"! while it was still unfolding.

I can't believe that!!! I read all on your website and the flat out lies are unbelievable!!!! It make me wonder about my wedding but I am really happy so far with my TWE experience. I have heard that princess brides generally have a better experience, I have no clue why that is though. But I feel so bad for you, maybe something will happen or better yet change the way they do business because of your website!! :D This should not be allowed period. This might be a dumb question but have you filled a complaint with the BBB?

I'm sorry Rene -- none of this was done to make cause you undue worry. The whole point of doing this is the unfair and ludicrous practice of not giving a total refund to people who they either sold a product to that they no longer have or who signed up because of false information. That's the only thing I have experience with when it comes to them.

I believe you and others who have gotten farther along in the process and are still on target to have what you contracted for will be just fine. In fact, I sincerely hope that because of this you will have even less to worry about!

My question is...What CAN you do in a one-hour reception? I can dance with my dad and throw a bouquet. Wow, that's meaningful! I was already settling for the two-hour reception because I thought it'd be a great idea to have it on the boat and then go on a cruise with my close relatives and friends to celebrate, but I can't do anything I wanted to in an hour. If they were going to change it from two hours to one hour, what's to say that when we got there they'd have anything else the way they promised it? They were so rude about it too. I waited days for phone calls back, received no compensation for any of the changes, was given an attitude like I was wasting their time, etc. It was handled very poorly.

Anyway, you can read the whole story at http://cruiseweddingexperience.com.

The crazy part is when "Trish" writes in to request a two hour reception on my original date (August 17) on the same ship, and the same woman who handled my wedding cancellation tells her that it's available. Definitely a scam. The two-hour reception is only available until you book it. And if that website saves just one blushing bride her $500 deposit, then I'll be that much less unhappy about what has happened to me. Some nerve.

You CAN see the contract before you make your deposit. What is required is that you book the CRUISE first. Then they will send you all of the paperwork to read and to pay the deposit. At last that's how it worked for me on RCCL.

I'm not trying to be some kind of TWE sympathizer, but I did want to point out that part of what was being said is inaccurate, at least in my experience.

Whether it "is" or "was" available is apparently now subject to whoever you deal with -- which simply highlights the lack of consistency. The text of the email in response to the request for the contract is unaltered.

I can't believe that!!! I read all on your website and the flat out lies are unbelievable!!!! It make me wonder about my wedding but I am really happy so far with my TWE experience. I have heard that princess brides generally have a better experience, I have no clue why that is though. But I feel so bad for you, maybe something will happen or better yet change the way they do business because of your website!! :D This should not be allowed period. This might be a dumb question but have you filled a complaint with the BBB?

My daughter was supposed to get married onboard the Crown Princess on August 10, 2007 at port before departure. 48 people were booked for the cruise and about 100 guests were attending the reception. Approximately 3 weeks before the wedding, my daughter was informed that her reception, which was supposed to be 2 hours long, would be reduced to only one hour. They never gave us a legitimate reason except they were concerned about time. But, she was the only wedding scheduled that day.

She immediately cancelled with TWE and called the consumer fraud department of South Florida. She got every penny back from TWE, even the deposit. The wedding and reception was held August 9, and everyone boarded the Crown the next day for the 9 day cruise.

I believe Princess weddings at sea are the best way to go, in our case, it wasn't possible.

In any event, I hope everything works out for you.

LOL -- no thanks esbie, this has been extremely stressful, although making the website was a great release.

Diamond Girl I was so excited to see your post (and can't believe I didn't find it rummaging through this site beforehand) that I don't think I thanked you appropriately, so from the bottom of my heart: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

And I also want you to know that I'm so sorry that your daughter, you and your family went through it as well. It's been hard enough going through it at the point we were at -- it must have been a million times more intense for it to happen 6 weeks before. I just can't begin to imagine. XOXO

I can't imagine that happening three weeks before the wedding! I was financially and emotionally put-out by the experience, but I think I'd be an absolute wreck if it happened closer to the wedding.

And I am completely aware that things happen in life and you basically have to roll with the punches in order to further yourself as a human being. And I am fully literate enough to read a contract. But, I am not a lawyer or a pessimist. I did not know to look for this switcheroo, nor did I expect this to happen. And maybe I should accept the fact that this possibility was mentioned in the contract. But that doesn't explain why a month after canceling the two-hour reception for me they are 100% willing and able to offer it to "Trish." It just doesn't. So you can tell me that legally they had every right to do this, but the fact that they then wanted to turn around and do the same exact thing to "Trish" makes it a scam.

I mean let's just pretend you waited years for this really great, two-hour movie to come out. Finally the day comes. You go to the theatre and buy your ticket for full price. They then turn around and tell you that you can watch the movie and you can forward and rewind it but you'd only have an hour to do so. Would you be upset? Maybe some people would say fine because they turned their ticket over and read some sort of disclaimer about how "in an unlikely event" they were allowed to do that to you and try to fast-forward through the boring parts and get the most they could out of what they were offered. But most people would say no, absolutely not, give me my money back so that I can go to a different theatre. And that's only a ten dollar movie that doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things and will eventually come out on DVD...

Sorry for the long post/analogy.

And thank you, Diamond. It's really good to know that you got your money back, but I'm sure that you would have rather had everything originally as planned. And so for that, I'm sorry. But you have given me more hope that I will eventually be made whole. :o

Archived