Anyone visit Chicago House - Cairo?

Spikesgirl

The tour we are currently looking at has put a lot of emphasis on visiting Chicago house and I was wondering if any CCers have been there and done that. I did a search and came up with a goose egg, so thought I would ask directly. Mostly I'm wondering, if it is more of a museum or lecture hall and what we will be able to derive from visiting it.

Thanks in advance!

Charlie

Chicago House is in Luxor. It is a research/epigraphic study center founded by the University of Chicago. If you're going with a tour sponsored by the University of Chicago I could see why it might be stressed. If the visit is for the purpose of hearing a lecture on some aspect of Egyptology it might be worth the visit, if that's of interest to you.

Sorry, from all the literature I read, it sounded like it was in Cairo. The tour is with a higher end company, but there was so much stressing Chricago house, I began to wonder exactly what it might be. The connection with University of Chicago is mentioned, but the trip isn't through the school. I'm very interested in Egyptology and will welcome any lectures on the subject, but this was the first time I'd heard about CH.

Thanks for your info!

Charlie

Very interesting publication - thank you for suggesting it. The reading list was especially helpful. I called the rep from the travel company and he verified that it is the Luxor branch that we will be visiting.

Again, shu-kran!

Charlie

Very interesting publication - thank you for suggesting it. The reading list was especially helpful. I called the rep from the travel company and he verified that it is the Luxor branch that we will be visiting.

Again, shu-kran!

Charlie

Archived