Fresh off the Conquest- My review

SoonerOne

How Far Away From Carlos And Charlies In Cozumal Is Margarittaville?:d

Very close....if you are standing facing Carlos and Charlies, Margaritiville is to your right and down about 3-4 blocks on the ocean side of the street.

My hubby, 10 mos daughter, and I also just got off Conquest on same cruise. Your fridge is locked when you first board ship and you need to request it be opened from your steward who is usually near your room in the hallway.

We explained to our steward that we needed our fridge for the baby food and juice. We needed a lot of room and he put the bottled water on the counter and cleared out enough for what we needed.

I advise against removing items from the fridge and placing them in hidden places. You could be charged for those items. Your steward checks the contents of your fridge daily and if sees something missing, you may see a charge on your folio. If you need to remove something, let your steward know that you took it out and where you put it and why you did it. You should have no problems. I've heard some stewards will place items in a cupboard, too. They won't take them out of your room I think.

Hope this helps!

Jennie

That's exactly what our steward did, he took the large bottled water out and left everything else in. We were able to put a few cokes and our bottled water in.

Now you have me worried. :(

Im traveling with some one with diabetes who MUST have the use of the refrigerator for meds. We will also be on the Conquest, so we have to shove everything aside? We shouldnt have to get a medical request for the steward to clear space in the refrigator should we? Ill take the stuff out if it has to come out.

Not a problem. Go to the Purser's desk and tell them what you need. They will either clear out the 'fridge for you or store the meds in the refrigerator they have for just that purpose...

Not a problem. Go to the Purser's desk and tell them what you need. They will either clear out the 'fridge for you or store the meds in the refrigerator they have for just that purpose...

Hi Machman!!!

Sure enjoyed our beautiful ship!!!!

Thanks for answering this person's concerns.

SoonerOne

Overall: You MUST do this cruise! From your stateroom to the elegant décor to the scrumptious food and the fabulous itinerary, the Carnival Conquest is a magical world of splendor!!!

There ya' go. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your sailing on the Conquest as much as I did.

The only thing I could imagine doing to make the experience better would be make it an eight day cruise.

OK... now, all you need to do is sign up for 'Cruisin' with the Crazies!'!!!

:D

There ya' go. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your sailing on the Conquest as much as I did.

The only thing I could imagine doing to make the experience better would be make it an eight day cruise.

OK... now, all you need to do is sign up for 'Cruisin' with the Crazies!'!!!

:D

8 days, how about 14? :D My husband and I could have stayed at least another 7 days and remember, it was my first cruise!!!

I would love to go with you, I need to work on the hubby some more, may not be that difficult after our wonderful experience;)

8 days, how about 14? :D My husband and I could have stayed at least another 7 days and remember, it was my first cruise!!!

I would love to go with you, I need to work on the hubby some more, may not be that difficult after our wonderful experience;)

It's tough to wipe the smile off your face, isn't it? I can see it in your words.

She certainly is a wonderful ship with a wonderful crew. I've said it several times before and I'll say it again... they built some magic into the hull of that vessel.

Thanks to all you sweet people that enjoyed my review. :) I wanted to do it as soon as possible so I would not procrastinate and never get one written. I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently and keep them coming. I truly appreciate all of the people here at CC and their informative reviews and answers to my many questions prior to our trip.:)

About the refrigerator ~

We were on the 1/27/2008 Conquest sailing. We had brought some beer and wine on board. We asked our steward if he could empty out our fridge to make room for our stuff. Our room steward said he didn't have anyplace to store the Carnival beverages, but he would unlock the fridge for us and we could just set the Carnival stuff near the fridge and put it back at the end of the cruise. So we took out everything on the shelves and set them on a towel on the floor. We put our stuff in, and put the Carnival stuff back in the fridge at the end of the cruise. It worked out fine.

Firefly333: There's a separate place for the Chinese food on the Lido deck, I believe it is called PC Wok, it's located in the main buffet area over to the side, there's also a separate place for hamburgers, hotdogs, chili and all the fixins at the Grill; pizza, calzones and grilled chicken casear salad at the Pizza bar, deli-type sandwiches at Paul's and the fish and chips at Sur Mer (which is located upstairs in the buffet area).

wow I love ceasar salad I didnt know you could get it every day. I will have to look for it.

I also read that something really good at the fish place sur mer is gone soon after they open. Wonder what it is that runs out fast.

My hubby, 10 mos daughter, and I also just got off Conquest on same cruise. Your fridge is locked when you first board ship and you need to request it be opened from your steward who is usually near your room in the hallway.

Jennie

Jennie,

We are cruising with our son and his wife and my grandson will be 11 months old then. Any advice, suggestions, comments on cruising with a baby?

wow I love ceasar salad I didnt know you could get it every day. I will have to look for it.

I also read that something really good at the fish place sur mer is gone soon after they open. Wonder what it is that runs out fast.

I don't know, they always had plenty when we were there, which was every day :D Sur Mer closes at 3:30 pm as well as PC Wok....just keep that in mind....

Thanks to all you sweet people that enjoyed my review. :) I wanted to do it as soon as possible so I would not procrastinate and never get one written. I hope I have answered your questions sufficiently and keep them coming. I truly appreciate all of the people here at CC and their informative reviews and answers to my many questions prior to our trip.:)

You have done a great job! You have made me hungry though...

We will be sailing on the Conquest this Sunday Feb 24th 2008 and are very excited. I sailed on the Conquest back when it let from New Orleans but due to the high waters that year we sailed from Mississippi. Loved the Conquest back then and I am sure it will be great. Thanks again for your review. We are booked in 7341....this time around

Tracy 1 I am sailing sunday too. Are you on our roll call? Staying at beachcomber Inn. There is a bunch of people staying there,. I think around 6pm or so we will all be at the pool drinking wine. Join us if you can..

Robb

We leave Sunday the 24th (It's finally here!!), and I have a couple questions.

I have heard horror stories about roaming charges-how bad? Should we use our phones to keep in touch on board & off ?

What about Walkie Talkies? I'm guessing there's a bunch, with lots of signals getting 'stepped on'?

Seems like I read about sometimes the fare dropping during the cruise, and getting ship credit? How often does this happen?

Cheers!

(We'll be the beer geeks on board!)

So happy to hear you had a great time!!! I, unfortunately, have to wait nine more months to sail on the Conquest1!!:(

I am sailing with my BF this time (this will be his first cruise) and I told him they had a hairy chest contest and he is all set to do it. (He is more outgoing than I am!!) Can you tell me what the men do? I guess I need to purchase a video recorder!!!!:p

I have heard horror stories about roaming charges-how bad? Should we use our phones to keep in touch on board & off ?

What about Walkie Talkies? I'm guessing there's a bunch, with lots of signals getting 'stepped on'?

Seems like I read about sometimes the fare dropping during the cruise, and getting ship credit? How often does this happen?

Cheers!

I would not use the phone during the cruise unless you have specifically International rates on your phone. if so you might text, but it would still be a lot. Id check re: your specific carrier before I used it.

Im assuming you mean the rate drops BEFORE your cruise, some of us check daily if we expect there might be a rate drop. I dont bother because I know rates are up. If your rate does drop, call whomever you booked with and you usually get a refund prior to final payment or a OBC after final payment.

Now you have me worried. :(

Im traveling with some one with diabetes who MUST have the use of the refrigerator for meds. We will also be on the Conquest, so we have to shove everything aside? We shouldnt have to get a medical request for the steward to clear space in the refrigator should we? Ill take the stuff out if it has to come out.

We just cruised this past January on the Conquest and our friend is a diabetic and she kept her meds in the fridge the whole time, no problem but to be safe, just talk to your steward when you first board.

Cheers!

I can't say about the cell service, I left mine in the safe the whole time:D . I have to listen to the phone ring 11 hours a day at work, so I detest the #$%& things, cell phones, land lines or otherwise:mad: :D . We didn't take our walkie talkies and didn't miss them. We had too much crap to lug around as it was. Another couple is coming with us this time, I may take them, may not. We can call on the phone if need be.

Pardon my tangent, but when last we went, I don't recall seeing ANYONE using walkie talkies, so I wouldn't think congestion would be a problem, especially with all the channels those things have. I have read cautions that they may be illegal in some of the ports to transmit w/o a license (it's actually that way here, but Uncle Charlie aka FCC doesn't seem too worried about it). I probably wouldn't either. I expect the police have better things to do than hassle some tourist using a walkie talkie.

See ya there!

JHC

Archived