Kids Goodie Bags

momofcandj

We are leaving the kids (they will be 7 and 9 by then) with my inlaws while we cruise in July. The inlaws will have plenty of things to do and places to go. The kids will be able to see their aunt and 2 cousins that are close in age. Im not the least bit worried about them being bored or missing us too much.

What I wanted to do was put together a little goodie bag for them with a new item for each day we are gone, it does not need any theme or anything, just odds and ends so they know that we miss them and are thinking about them. I know we will send postcards but they will probably not arrive until we are back home, its only a 5 day cruise.

We also have a 3 hour flight with them to and from the inlaws, and they pack their own carry one backpack and do really good on planes. They just love to travel and flying is their favorite.

Thanks. Yes they are getting some gifts when we return, they have asked for something from the ship. Nothing in particular, lol. That makes it easier to shop for them for sure.

I know I will leave them each a notebook, a pencil and a camera. They love writing down things and taking pics. Plus this way they can see our vacation photos and we can see theirs.

Passes are a good idea. I will check into that. I know they want to go to the zoo one day. If I can not get passes in advance I might stick some money and a note in an envelope so they can go without my inlaws having to shell out the cash. They spoil them and will get trinkets and snacks and all that junk for them anyway.

We did this one year when we left our kids with grandma when we went to Cancun. Each day they had a little wrapped trinket - nothing big, but a note from mom/dad and little things to look forward to. Dollar store things, little stuffed animals, tokens to a pizza/arcade place, stickers, etc. Then we brought them t-shirts and musical instrument toys from Mexico. Didn't add up to much, but it made the mornings easier for them and grandma.

Archived