Looking for excursion recommendations: Cabo, Acapulco, Puerto Chiapas, and Huatulco

btobey

Going on a Panama Canal cruise this April/May with FOUR stops in Mexico! All of my previous cruises have been to the Caribbean, so I have no idea what I want to do in Mexico. DH and I are turning 40, enjoy active pursuits such as kayaking and snorkeling but also like sight-seeing, zoos, wildlife, etc. What would you recommend for us?

Water will still be fairly cold in Cabo so water based activities there will be somewhat limited (depending upon how much polar bear you have in you). The whale's will also pretty much be gone by that time as well. Weather however, should be great. Perhaps an ATV excursion or zip-lining over a desert canyon would be fun. Alternatives could always just include chilling on Medano Beach at one of the beach bars/restaurants, enjoying the sun.

Enjoy your cruise, we plan on doing the Panama Canal next year on Carnival Pride.

Really, the water will be cold that time of year??? This never even crossed my mind; I figured since the weather would be warm, the water would be warm too--I guess I kind of expected it to be like the Caribbean. That's kind of a bummer since I definitely am NOT a polar bear type. :(

Really, the water will be cold that time of year??? This never even crossed my mind; I figured since the weather would be warm, the water would be warm too--I guess I kind of expected it to be like the Caribbean. That's kind of a bummer since I definitely am NOT a polar bear type. :(

No polar bear characteristics and you live in Rochester. Hard to figure that one out.

Anyway, Cabo's water temp is @ 60-65 degrees right now. We were just there last week. Probably by April it will be on a warming trend but I don't expect it to be up to 70 by that time. Generally June - November is when the water is the warmest (above 70 degrees). The Pacific Ocean (from California down to Baja) is never like the East Coast. It does get warmer the further you head south so you should be fine in your other ports.

My family and I had set up a private tour with Rosie and were in no way disappointed. From the minute we met Rosie, holding up our family name to recogize her, we new we were in great hands. A friendlier tour guide you will never find. She was busy with another family inasmuch as our ship arrived 4 hours late. We did not fret. Rosie hooked us up with tour guide Jorge, a wonderful tour guide that works with Rosie. She introduced us immediately to Jorge and we knew that Rosie had taken great care of us. We were tired and thirsty when we entered her van and Rosie's guide Jorge was prepared. Soft drinks and water were offered which really hit the spot. Rosie knew that we wanted to look at Silver shops so it was previously scheduled for us to visit the shop. Because of our late arrival I felt that the silver shop stayed open waiting for us inasmuch as it was late and most shops were already closed. Because of the Star's delay it was almost dark. Jorge was in no way discouraged. He drove us around and showed us all that we wanted to see in Acalpulco along with many of his own suggestions.. If you are looking for a tour guide, before you take an excursion, with the ships tour guide, I suggest you try to book Rosie. You will in no way be disappointed.

I'll second this post! My husband and I recently took a tour of Acapulco with Rosie. It was a great tour. Rosie is very friendly and accommodating. She took us all over Acapulco. She had water, soda and beer in a cooler in her van for everyone. I really enjoyed our day touring with Rosie and would recommend her to anyone. :)

dew_days@hotmail.com

I would highly recommend touring with Rosie and/or her partner, Carlos. We recently spent a day with Carlos, he showed us all around the city, had cold beverages in the van. He let us pick where we wanted lunch and then waited for us. We had shopping time, and also saw the Cliff Divers. It was a great day for a great price! Rosie - dew_days@hotmail.com or Carlos - cavellaneda@tour-r-us.com

Enjoy!

We get the same thing all the time here in southern California. I tell everyone: The water comes straight down from Alaska. It doesn't stop along the way. Cabos is on the same current. further south, the warmer water from the Sea of Cortez has joined in to warm things up. In the Carribean I'm almost always in the water. Mexican Riv, well I went on a great atv tour in Cabos:o

Enjoy

Ron

I'm just starting to research tours for a Panama Canal cruise in October. Does Rosie have a web site or just an e-mail address?

Thanks in advance!

Rosie just has her email address that I know of. She will write back in a timely manner. Book her early as she is very popular. :)

Archived