Room service in suites

calikak

On the 1 & 2 day cruises there is very little time for the crew members to do anything but get passengers on and off the ship.

I am not suprised that a poster DID receive room service breakfast on a short cruise. Every NCL butler I have ever met did any and everything we requested. Just treat these people with respect and they will stop the world for you. A little $$$ is always appreciated as well.

What about on the longer cruise, can we order something from the specialty restaurants? I've read conflicting reports, including someone who said that they could NOT order from specialty restaurants last month on the Sun.

What about on the longer cruise, can we order something from the specialty restaurants? I've read conflicting reports, including someone who said that they could NOT order from specialty restaurants last month on the Sun.

We were able to order dinners from the speciality restaurants and eat in the cabin on our week cruise on the Dawn.

It has nothing to do with room service, I think there was just some natural thread drift...and although I figure you weren't asking seriously, I'll give you a serious answer. Corrected age is a term used to describe when a preemie would have been born if they'd gone full term. My son was born at 27 weeks gestational age (40 weeks being full term), so his actual age is almost 9 months, but his corrected age is 6 months. Preemies tend to reach developmental milestones based on their corrected age rather than their actual age. It becomes mostly irrelevant by about the time they turn 2, but it's a big deal for the first couple of years (along with all the other things that preemie parents have to worry about, like a cold turning into a hospital stay, or an increased risk of cerebral palsy, or having to constantly explain to people why their baby is so much smaller than other babies their age).

Why some adults act like teenagers, well, maybe it has something to do with tequila? Can I get a bottle delivered through room service? :D

• 2 months later...

Wanted to post a follow-up to this thread about our experience on our 2-nighter on the Pearl. We were able to get room-service breakfast without a problem. We just called the butler and told him what we wanted (we ordered Cagney's breakfast items, the french toast and the eggs benedict, both were awesome) and he said "it'll be ready in 20 minutes." Easy peasy. Our son managed not to cause a scene during dinner so we didn't have to do dinner time room service, so I don't have any comments on that. Oh, and FYI, Cagney's was open for lunch on embarkation day and breakfast for disembarkation day. We didn't try to order room service breakfast on disembarkation day (had someplace to be so we got off fairly early) so I don't know if they would have brought it that morning.

Again, any recent experience regarding ordering room service to a suite would be great, especially anyone on the Sun, especially now that Freestyle 2.0 seems to be mostly implemented. Thanks!

I would be very upset if there wasn't room service. If I had such a small child and a nice room I honestly would not go to the restaurants at all. All the food is cooked to order and takes awhile. We did go to the restaurants last month but we did not have the kids with us. In August with the children we will eat in the suite and enjoy the great views. It makes it so much less stressful. Breakfast in p.j.s is way more fun. You can even have a romantic dinner for two after "bed time" for the kids.

Wanted to post a follow-up to this thread about our experience on our 2-nighter on the Pearl. We were able to get room-service breakfast without a problem. We just called the butler and told him what we wanted (we ordered Cagney's breakfast items, the french toast and the eggs benedict, both were awesome) and he said "it'll be ready in 20 minutes." Easy peasy. Our son managed not to cause a scene during dinner so we didn't have to do dinner time room service, so I don't have any comments on that. Oh, and FYI, Cagney's was open for lunch on embarkation day and breakfast for disembarkation day. We didn't try to order room service breakfast on disembarkation day (had someplace to be so we got off fairly early) so I don't know if they would have brought it that morning.

Again, any recent experience regarding ordering room service to a suite would be great, especially anyone on the Sun, especially now that Freestyle 2.0 seems to be mostly implemented. Thanks!

I am glad that this worked out well for you. Thank you for the update.

We were on the Dream weekend cruise a few weeks ago. We were not in a suite but did have breakfast delivered to the cabin without any problems. The menu did not include any hot items (besides the coffee) but it was fine for us.

Archived